Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BIRMINGHAM ANTIQUE ARMS & MILITARIA FAIR. 20th Noy.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I was very tempted with a Record Jumbo but not being able to fire it put me off as I know spares are hard to get for them.
    There's one in Sales at the moment that is advertised as working.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I forgot to include a virtually unused early Walther LP53 that Roly showed me and a small round Diabolo tin of 100 pellets that is ideal for cased Walthers on another stall.

Oh and Tim Dyson had some copies of John Griffith's new Encyclopaedia on his stall.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

lp53

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I forgot to include a virtually unused early Walther LP53 that Roly showed me and a small round Diabolo tin of 100 pellets that is ideal for cased Walthers on another stall.

Oh and Tim Dyson had some copies of John Griffith's new Encyclopaedia on his stall.

John
    That early 1954 lp53 was indeed a nice one, smooth black finish and adjustable trigger, 1953 was the date lp53 started production, of which i have one in my collection, I did sell the 1954 lp53 near end of show and the chap had a good deal. probably to cheap, but a lot more than i paid years ago Can mot be to greedy. Still got loads for next show in february. As stated a good turn out of punters.

Many thanks Roly.

Well, that was a good One!

With the last couple of Brums being down on visitor numbers and the choice guns on offer, with some notable exceptions (you know who you are Tim), it was great to visit a buzzing fair this morning. There was plenty on offer including an early Webley Mark 3 with a beautiful stock that Roly had on his stall. Roly also had a later post 1957 Mk3 and a Webley Service along with some boxed Webley pistols and a pristine boxed Record Mk 2.

Tim Dyson had the usual shop with him with a huge selection of items for sale. A cased Gamo AF10 for £80 caught my eye and would have come home with me had I not bought one earlier in the year. These are incredibly versatile pistols and accurate too, so this was a bargain for someone.

There were boxes and boxes of old pellets on several stalls including a pack of Lanes Tempered Darts, round green and orange Webley tins, pre war BSA tins as well as more recent pellets from the 1960s, 70s and 80s such as Lanes Special and various .20 German pellets. I love rummaging through this type of box and Roly offered me some great deals on a few tins that caught my eye, so thanks mate!

Malcolm Atkins had some gunsmith's turnscrews in all different sizes at £2 each and I realised after I had left the fair that I intended to grab a selection before I left. Just goes to show, you need to buy things when you see a bargain, especially with a memory like mine.

One BBS member had a selection of leaflets and ephemera as well as boxed vintage telescope sights including BSA Mk 3 and Mk 9 scopes, the latter, which was intended for the Buccaneer is particularly rare and this one looked pristine.

I only had Josie's pocket camera so just took a couple of photos but here are a few that caught my eye.

A Don Blocksidge engraved Webley Senior, lovely boxed Hyscore and a handbag with a difference.

It was great to catch up with friends and have a short chat.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hnvPCpPsUoPS2Vfm8

The next biggie is Kempton in 3 weeks, so see you there if you go.

John
    I like the handbag! And I really do not like the Blocksidge monstrosity
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    I like the handbag! And I really do not like the Blocksidge monstrosity
    That handbag came away with me!

I initially saw the set at the last Kempton but the price put me off. I'm delighted to have negotiated a reduction at Brum though.

John

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    That handbag came away with me!

I initially saw the set at the last Kempton but the price put me off. I'm delighted to have negotiated a reduction at Brum though.

John
    Who's stall had that on then?
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Who's stall had that on then?
    David Lewis had that one. He was back to back with Tim Dyson.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I went along yesterday with a couple of mates. It was a good fair, but just for a bit of balance, out of the hundred ish tables, around 6 -8 were airgun centred.

As I say, good fair and I enjoyed it.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

David Lewis had that one. He was back to back with Tim Dyson.
    Ah yes, that was the guy with the walnut Webley Viscount.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    I went along yesterday with a couple of mates. It was a good fair, but just for a bit of balance, out of the hundred ish tables, around 6 -8 were airgun centred.

As I say, good fair and I enjoyed it.

Dave
    I only found about 4 tables of interest but I'm not overly interested in vintage stuff.

Excuse my stupidly but when they say on the website preview 8.30 til 10am, does that mean you can view the tables but can't buy until after ten, I hadn't read the website properly and saw doors open 10am and was a bit shocked when I got there at 9.55 and had trouble parking the car and the place was heaving.

The doors open at 8.30am and trading starts then. I think its a higher entrance fee between 8.30 and 10.00 am. It's quite a rush for us to get set up by 8.30am as we only have just over an hour to do it. Regards Tim

Quote Originally Posted by erichtfisherman View Post
    The doors open at 8.30am and trading starts then. I think its a higher entrance fee between 8.30 and 10.00 am. It's quite a rush for us to get set up by 8.30am as we only have just over an hour to do it. Regards Tim
    I think traders should have enough time to set up, grab a bacon roll and relax before the public flock in.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I think traders should have enough time to set up, grab a bacon roll and relax before the public flock in.
    Yep Pete that's one of good things about Kempton we've loads of time to get prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by erichtfisherman View Post
    I never realised that, that'll teach me for not reading the advert properly.