Thread: Strip Haenel 100 air pistol?

Strip Haenel 100 air pistol?

Trying to figure out how to strip one of these, anyone? frustrating that I cannot figure this out, thnx for any tips guys!

Last edited by Dutch; 15-11-2022 at 02:31 PM.
    Collection: vintage air pistols & air rifles / vintage air gun accessories
    Facebook groups: vintage air guns 1. Webley, 2 BSA, 3. Haenel, 4. Weihrauch, 5. Diana

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    You have the later version which does not have any pins holding the grip in place (the pins were notorious for splitting the wood, because of the stress placed on the grip when cocking). Getting the grip off the unpinned version is by no means obvious. You will first have to remove the trigger guard, and then behind the trigger there is a screw holding the grip to the frame. Once you have removed that screw you can slide the grip off along its key-way. The sear housing can then be accessed.

This thread might also be useful: https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...ghlight=Haenel

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by ccdjg; 13-11-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Thnx for for your insights! Its not a screw behind the trigger unfortunately. I figured it out by trial & error and it is not something you can deduct easily, very interesting puzzle, hhh.

Remove the trigger guard, cock the pistol, fully lift up the cocking lever and you can look inside the back of the grip. With a small screw driver push down a locking plate (fixed to the grip), inside the back of the grip and the grip slides off towards the front/trigger. It probably needs a couple of pics to illustrate. I might add these later.
    Last edited by Dutch; 14-11-2022 at 03:53 PM.
    Facebook groups: vintage air guns 1. Webley, 2 BSA, 3. Haenel, 4. Weihrauch, 5. Diana

That is very interesting Dutch. It means that Haenel used at least three methods for fixing the grip to the frame. It would be interesting to know the date stamp on yours, to see if we can get some idea of when the changes took place. There was a lot of overlap when the pins were abandoned, and both pinned and unpinned guns can be found date stamped between late 1934 and early 1936.

Mine is a 38, I compared notes with a friends 35, he did not know the take down procedure either, which is exactly the same for his. The 38 & 35 can actually swap parts, they are virtually the same pistol
    Last edited by Dutch; 15-11-2022 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks Dutch. So it looks as though there is no real pattern to the dates of changeover, and there must have been a lot of overlap.
    Cheers,
    John