Thread: Remarkable: an Unused, boxed, Mint 1951 Webley Mk 3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by urx View Post
    Its an kh250 EFS835S which it would be cool to find one day…
    It maybe out there, you just never know.......

I ended upfinding an old bike of mine (1975 Kawa Z1) I sold in 1977 recently....... basically after 20-30 or so years of occasional checking on the DVLC, it suddenly came up "alive" again taxed and tested last year out of the blue, obviously having been stashed away, the colour had been changed though.

(I sold it in Surrey while living in Glos, then 4 or so years later actually moved to Surrey!....stayed there from 1982-2000 then came up to Herefordshire).

I got in touch with the owner by placing a spoof advert online with details only the actual new owner could know (partial reg) and eventually through an owners forum he contacted me, as when I had the bike although it was only 2 years old it had been heavily customised, so in the advert I had put "please get in touch as I was the second owner and have photos of the bike which has an interesting tale"

He had bought it off the bay, and (now it gets weird), it had been less than 10 miles from where I now live in a barn just North of Worcester, on a road I have gone down countless times in the last 20+ years to within a mile of it.

The guy who had owned the bike for all this time was called Eddie

It had been totally changed so that's why I missed it on the bay, with later mag wheels / Z1000 forks / frame mods all sorts of 80's period add ons, only the reg number and the engine and a few bits from the original remained, so sadly I felt no real connection to it when I saw the photos he set me.

But, never give up, mine took 45 years to re-surface

ATB, Ed
    Last edited by edbear2; 20-11-2022 at 08:42 AM.