Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Remarkable: an Unused, boxed, Mint 1951 Webley Mk 3

New Range Rovers are over £100,000. If someone has the cash then why not, it's their money.
    The Webley MK3 were beautifully made.
    Easy to buy one to shoot. The mint in box is to park up money, and possibly pass on down wealth. What is high end jewellery or art?

Pricey, sure. How many others out there in that kind of condition?

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Chatting with Martin Perkin at Perkins Guns the other day he said Webley are trying to buy back their heritage that was lost when the museum closed (that mostly got dispersed by Wallis & Wallis) - who knows, maybe a mint & unused early MK3 is what they'd want back in their collection.

Thank you for those links in your earlier post.

Alas, I cannot confirm that the rifle I saw at Westons was the same one as that sold at Holts but I doubt it was the same. I am pretty certain that the Weston model was entirely unused and it had always remained in its box from the day of purchase whereas the one at Holts was not mint and, as you say, there were significant imperfections.

That said, the 1974 model sold at Holts- originally from Hamleys - also secured a high price, although I was unable to find the sale price on the auction site - when I tapped in the particulars, nothing came up. (PS to original message - have now found the sale price for this but not so easy to do.)

As for Webley trying to buy back their heritage, the best advice that could be proffered is that they return production to the UK.

It does seem that - judging from Holts - good brand names are picking up very healthy prices. And that includes Mk3s, assuming they are not badly damaged.

Rgds
    A
    Last edited by andrewM; 22-11-2022 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    Webley as a company of course no longer exist, only the brand name survives, which is applied to various guns of mainly Turkish extraction. But perhaps the owners of the name, Highland Outdoors, are seeking to bolster their Turkish Webley's with some originals?
    Sounds unlikely to me but who knows?
    Yes, I took that to mean Highland Outdoors as well, but I could understand them wanting to get prototypes etc back in-house (maybe give Hatsan more things to copy...)

There's got to be more mileage in that 'Nylon' pistol!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post

As for Webley trying to buy back their heritage, the best advice that could be proffered is that they return production to the UK.
    Either way, I'm sure it's a lovely gun. Regarding returning to UK manufacture...you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Either way, I'm sure it's a lovely gun. Regarding returning to UK manufacture...you never know...

Yes, and while I would be most unlikely to buy at such prices, I can fully understand that there are those who would wish to purchase something that has been unused, in original condition. Probably, it would be necessary to re-lubricate the internals after so many decades. The leather washers in such rifles will have probably dried out.

Rgds
    A

Webley at Highland Outdoors have been trying to get good examples of their past products for quite some time, just to have a mini museum on the wall, but don't want to pay much for them, preferring to try and do deals with their dealers who happen to get such items. I've offered a few pistols to my Webley contact, the last remaining staff member from the Webley factory, but as said above, they prefer to do a deal.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by urx View Post
    Its an kh250 EFS835S which it would be cool to find one day…
    i had one the same age,great fun to ride,a wonderfull howl when trashed,but it did less miles to the gallon than the cortina i had at the same time.
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Anyway, surely no such thing as an unfired Webley. Wouldn't they all have been fired during the factory checks?