Thread: Desired Airguns

Desired Airguns

Having been lucky over the years collecting Air pistols and rifles with my late father there always seems to be a few desired but not obtained some through cost and others never seen

My top 5

1 Westley Richards Concentric model

2 jaguar Arms Cub

3 Cogswell Harrison Certus

4 Anson Star

5 BSA Military Pattern. (This one is dad needed to complete his set of BSA but never did)

What are your top 5 ?
    Too many Airguns and Pistols
    Beretta 682 Sporter, and Skeet

Its taken many years for me to find three out of your five desirable air guns and I also share your desire to own a BSA Military Pattern which leaves something to keep on chasing I guess. My fifth choice would be a Gifford pistol which would be the icing on the cake.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Having been lucky over the years collecting Air pistols and rifles with my late father there always seems to be a few desired but not obtained some through cost and others never seen

My top 5

1 Westley Richards Concentric model

2 jaguar Arms Cub

3 Cogswell Harrison Certus

4 Anson Star

5 BSA Military Pattern. (This one is dad needed to complete his set of BSA but never did)

What are your top 5 ?

The bottom 3 have been on sale at Kempton in the past, the one I would love to find is the 'Westley Richards Concentric model'

And 1 & 2.

Only missed out on No 4....

Yep I think all have been available at Kempton at one time or another over the show's 5 year history.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

some lovely guns

guns

P M Sent.

1.Diana model 58 military first series
    2.Wesley Richards
    Last edited by 45flint; 19-11-2022 at 12:25 PM.

There are quite a few items in my collection that would still be considered "Must Haves" if I didn't already own them and I must say that I have had as much pleasure hunting them down and researching them as actually owning them. Although there are still a couple of extremely rare guns I would dearly love to own, they would probably have to come to me rather than me actively pursuing them.
    I have recently become more interested in finding collectable accessories, oil cans, pellet tins, paperwork etc which can be equally rewarding if not a lot cheaper than the guns themselves.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    There are quite a few items in my collection that would still be considered "Must Haves" if I didn't already own them and I must say that I have had as much pleasure hunting them down and researching them as actually owning them. Although there are still a couple of extremely rare guns I would dearly love to own, they would probably have to come to me rather than me actively pursuing them.
    I have recently become more interested in finding collectable accessories, oil cans, pellet tins, paperwork etc which can be equally rewarding if not a lot cheaper than the guns themselves.

Brian
    I must agree with Brian as finding the accessories is always quite a bonus. They also provide additional information and can also raise more questions too. I happened across this Remington cartridge box. Not something I am really interested in. But on the bottom of the box is something quite interesting - an advertisement for the Champion & Eureka air pistols. I have since learned that this air pistol advertisement has appeared on least two other cartridge companies in the 1870s & 1880s.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

These paper items are getting harder and harder to find but it seems like different ones keep turning up. The never ending hunt continues.

My Desired List:
    Horr air pistol
    Dumonthier air pistol
    Giffard pneumatic pistol
    MGR 1st model pistol (Tahiti)
    DareDevil Dinkum air pistol

Bruce Jr.
    Last edited by Buck25; 19-11-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Bsa Military Pattern,
    Empire Double Express Pnuematic,
    BSF 54,
    Sheriden Silver Streak,
    Early 1980's Venom HW80, like in the famous advert.
    Last edited by silva; 19-11-2022 at 05:43 PM.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Westley Richards Concentric model

If anyone has one of these for sale, please contact me.

It's top of my wish list.

PS I would part/ex it for my Eisenwerke Gaggenau PP, and a Diana mod 6 woodstock plus cash, or pay cash only.
    Last edited by Garvin; 19-11-2022 at 05:42 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.