Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to store or display pistols?

[QUOTE=ccdjg;8189026]Another option if you have limited wall space is to make a bespoke table-top display. Four pieces of wood for the frame, some molding, piano hinge and two sheets of glass for the top. Not too difficult to put together, and you save a fortune compared to a pre-made one, always assuming you can ever find one the right size./QUOTE]

Very nice if one has the skills and space to make such a cabinet.
    My wall cabinet was adapted from an old 'G' plan wall cabinet that was originally twice as deep. I cut it in half then made a new back from 1/2" ply to take 90% brass plated cup hooks, and lined the inside with self adhesive green baize.

Yes Troubled, cutting the width down will probably be necessary, there are a few junk shops/furniture shops near me that I will scour for candidates. I have a few spots around the house that I can sneak the odd piece into and this will free up some drawer space.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Yes Troubled, cutting the width down will probably be necessary, there are a few junk shops/furniture shops near me that I will scour for candidates. I have a few spots around the house that I can sneak the odd piece into and this will free up some drawer space.
    It wasn't the width I cut down, but the depth.

Oh damn yes of course, my bad

made this some years back,the idea i copied from Troubledshooter [thanks] it was a trophy display cabinet i bought from a british rail Social club.with the help of a chippy friend we halved the cabinet depth.still very heavy though,it mounted on the wall with some sustantial brackets.
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 22-11-2022 at 05:31 AM.
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

OH MY! What a collection-cabinet amazing but I have saved the pic to look at the guns.... then I scrawled down and saw a cannon...a cannon! You win the arms race Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    OH MY! What a collection-cabinet amazing but I have saved the pic to look at the guns.... then I scrawled down and saw a cannon...a cannon! You win the arms race Sir.
    thank you kind sir,my long guns are housed like this..
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Well I am lost for words though I did splurt out something unprintable when I first saw your pic. Quality, absolute quality, I love your room. The cabinet for the air rifles is a great idea and I notice the small frames holding the bullets. I really like the bullet idea as I have dozens I have found whilst metal detecting.... I will now use your idea and frame some of them.
    Thanks for sharing your room with us-you have given me something to aspire to.

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    made this some years back,the idea i copied from Troubledshooter [thanks] it was a trophy display cabinet i bought from a british rail Social club.with the help of a chippy friend we halved the cabinet depth.still very heavy though,it mounted on the wall with some sustantial brackets.
    Slightly larger than my cabinet but a nice job.
    My cabinet originated from the local tip in the 80's when I had a trailer and the means to tow it.
    It was never wall mounted, but sat on top of another display cabinet containing some of my GPO Bakelite telephones.

Is there something in the nature of colletors that compells them to collect, catalogue and arrange stuff?

Use built in adjustable shelving in our bedroom built in the 1940’s. Added the oak rifle racks that served double duty as I pull them for my table at airgun shows. Just added the 5 level rack this month as my rifle collection was outrunning my space.

Last edited by 45flint; 22-11-2022 at 06:05 PM.

Bloody hell! Thats an amazing collection and very well laid out

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Use built in adjustable shelving in our bedroom built in the 1940’s. Added the oak rifle racks that served double duty as I pull them for my table at airgun shows. Just added the 5 level rack this month as my rifle collection was outrunning my space.

Oh I like that crosman 1923 front pumper. It will be its 100th birthday very soon

Edit : err, hang on. Is it a crosman? Might be a Benjamin on reflection
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Oh I like that crosman 1923 front pumper. It will be its 100th birthday very soon

Edit : err, hang on. Is it a crosman? Might be a Benjamin on reflection
    That one in front is a Benjamin 700. My Crosman’s are in another rack I didn’t picture.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post

What's the thing missing its stock in front of the Webley Target?