Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Rifle to go for?

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Ed that would be very helpful I am sure and a great start of the search. I will be using it so used is better. Your help would be much appreciated.
    P.M. sent

ATB, Ed

Thanks Es

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I'd go Superstar, too. Most of the Airsporters I've tried haven't impressed. Conversely, very possibly all the Superstars I've tried DID impress.
    I had a mk1 superstar in . 177cal and it was harsher than my mk2 superstar carbine in . 22cal to shoot. I have goldstars in both calibres to and they are both fine shooting wise.
    Last edited by WILBA; 27-11-2022 at 07:10 PM.

You are living my dream Wilba-the Superstar has long been on my list but I am easily distracted. I could'nt find one (or anything of interest) earlier this year so ended up buying a 10 shot Gamo which whilst fun I know is nowhere near the quality of an old BSA. I should have been patient. I don't have any .177 rifles (other than a K5 Meteor) so I would like to try a few out in this calibre.

You are living my dream Wilba-the Superstar has long been on my list but I am easily distracted. I could'nt find one (or anything of interest) earlier this year so ended up buying a 10 shot Gamo which whilst fun I know is nowhere near the quality of an old BSA. I should have been patient. I don't have any .177 rifles (other than a K5 Meteor) so I would like to try a few out in this calibre.
    Most of the modern bsa springers are harsher in . 177cal but can be made better. But the larger cal i found is sweeter to shoot. My superstar carbine i bought many years ago and came topped with a nikko platinum scope.

I think I prefer the carbine version of most rifles when using an air gun. I believe they are easier to shoot and keep on target as the pellet leaves the barrel sooner.... I know its fractions of a second but carbines just feel better.

I think I prefer the carbine version of most rifles when using an air gun. I believe they are easier to shoot and keep on target as the pellet leaves the barrel sooner.... I know its fractions of a second but carbines just feel better.
    Get the .22 then, as Carbine springers need all the help they can get. My .177 full length Superstar is a little on the harsh side, a carbine .177 will probably be worse.
    Too many airguns!

Thanks Evert thats good to know....what with the lead ban everyone may oddly want .22 again!?