Thread: Original 45 .22 valuation/advice

Original 45 .22 valuation/advice

I have acquired a well-used but still working Original 45 rifle in .22 calibre. It could do with a re-blue, a service (I'm sure) and the stock could benefet from some TLC although there is nothing too drastic in terms of marks/damage. Unfortunately its open sights have been removed and the screws attaching the scope mount have been replaced with non-original ones. It cocks smoothly and the trigger and safety catch are operating properly. I have no idea of the interest there may be in this kind of German springer but will get pics up if anyone is interested. Happy to sell as have decided to concentrate on the restoration of a Webley Omega I have acquired.

Thanks in advance.

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

I think, in this condition, it would be £100 - £120 max. The buyer would have to obtain the missing pieces to restore it. It might be that the spring and piston also require replacement, such is the condition on the outside.

I would contemplate buying a 45 in good condition, in .22, to add to my existing .177 but nowhere near in this condition. It might be better to keep it and restore it in due course, to obtain a better price. These were good rifles in their day.

Rgds
    A

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I think, in this condition, it would be £100 - £120 max. The buyer would have to obtain the missing pieces to restore it. It might be that the spring and piston also require replacement, such is the condition on the outside.

I would contemplate buying a 45 in good condition, in .22, to add to my existing .177 but nowhere near in this condition. It might be better to keep it and restore it in due course, to obtain a better price. These were good rifles in their day.

Rgds
    A
    Thanks Andrew, much appreciated. That’s really helpful, I’m impressed by it, very ‘pointable’ and well constricted.

Plenty of 45s in better condition than that, so not really worth paying someone else to work on it.
    However, a little home TLC could bring it up better, and there is no obvious reason it shouldn't shoot as well as it ever did.
    They are really great shooting rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Plenty of 45s in better condition than that, so not really worth paying someone else to work on it.
    However, a little home TLC could bring it up better, and there is no obvious reason it shouldn't shoot as well as it ever did.
    They are really great shooting rifles.
    Definite project material! thanks