I have been asked to deal with this rifle as part of a deceased estate. I know only a little bit about these rifles so an idea of price would be helpful as would a bit of information. The rifle which is .177 is in what I would describe as 'excellent condition' and I suspect that it may have been reblued at some stage in its long life. It shoots very smoothly. The serial number is 24xxx without any prefix letter. The woodwork is in decent order with the BSA triple rifle imprint pretty distinct and the loading tap moves smoothly as it should. The markings on the metalwork are: The BSA air rifle improved model D. Then underneath The birmingham Small Arms Company Limited then underneath 'sole manufacturers'
On the underside of the cocking lever is written Lincoln Jeffries Patent 8/61/04 with the '04' not being completely clear.
This rifle was owned by a fellow club member who has passed away and I have undertaken to get the best price for the widow who has expressed a wish that the rifle should go to an enthusiast. I have explained that an enthusiast is the most likely buyer anyway so over to my learned friends on here for their help in telling me all about the rifle.
To be clear, I will distill the responses to this post and then I shall be offering the rifle for sale at what I hope will be an attractive price.
Thanks for reading.