Thread: Trying to find open sights for my Bowkett pneumatic

Trying to find open sights for my Bowkett pneumatic

Hi,
    I am trying to find open sights that would fit on my little multipump Bowkett carbine.
    It has three barrels (short and long .22", and .25").
    The outer diameter of the barrels is 0.5" (12.7 mm), but the long .22" has a slimmer end with a diameter of 10.5 mm.
    The dovetails is 10 mm.

I think it would be easiest to find a slide on front sight, and a rear sight that would fit on the dovetails.
    Perhaps someone has a tip.
    I will try a HW77 rear sight for 11 mm dovetails, but I'm pretty sure that tightening it still won't grip the 10 mm dovetails.

Many thanks,
    Louis

Falcon made iron sights for their range of guns, the front sight slips around the barrel, but its about 10mm, rearsight fits a rail around 10 to 10.1mm. maybe call some gunshops and see if they have any old stock?

Quote Originally Posted by airgunwerks View Post
    Falcon made iron sights for their range of guns, the front sight slips around the barrel, but its about 10mm, rearsight fits a rail around 10 to 10.1mm. maybe call some gunshops and see if they have any old stock?
    Great idea. I actually have a Falcon rear and front sight, but the base cannot be clamped, and is very wide (I will measure later, but it is more than 11 mm, whilst the Bowkett dovetails is 11 mm). Shimming would be an option.
    I think this looks neater than a HW77 rear sight, but the HW77 notch is finer. It would be a possibility to screw the HW notch plate onto the Falcon unit.
    Front sight wise, the Falcon one is too small for the 12 mm Bowkett barrel. If I enlarge the hole, there is hardly any metal left of the "ring" that would slide onto the barrel.

Any advice on how to shim the Falcon unit? Strips of beer can for instance?

As long as the sides are equal that could work.

the Titan rear sight dove tail is a smaller width to the Falcon Louis as my Titan pistol one won't fit a Falcon breech and the Falcon one is as baggy as a sausage down the high street

Can’t help on the sights. Personally I’d probably put a Beeman SS1 or 2 scope on it. A very nice and rare little thing.