Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Casing Webley Air Pistols.

Casing Webley Air Pistols.

I only have one original cased Webley air pistol which is a pre-war Senior canvas cased example complete with the correct pellet tin and oil can. I've been searching for a post-war case but these very rarely become available unless bought with the pistol. In the meantime, I have cased my Senior and Junior in cases just to present them nicely. The Senior is now housed in a Tempest Centenary case bought separately and the Junior lives in an old cutlery case converted to take the pistol and accessories.
    I wondered if anybody else has made or adapted cases to house their air pistols.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 27-11-2022 at 12:46 PM.

those look really nice(new) in their cases.as you say a converted cutlery or cigar box suitably partitioned and lined would be a good way of displaying nice pistols like those.nothing looks quite as nice as a cased webley.

Air pistols do look good in a fitted case. I’ve scratch built a couple of wooden cases:
    I built a case for an enamel finish Premier E, not as neat as your cases but it came out reasonably well:

I also built a fitted case to house my reproduction Haviland and Gunn Parlour pistol along with some darts and a copy of the Patent:

Lots more pistols that would benefit from a fitted cases but never enough time and too many other projects!

Made some from scratch, used some from collectors fairs, even tried to copy the Webley one...

I just acquired several in wooden cases,would of preferred original boxes but still look good
    [/IMG]
    Last edited by Evostu; 27-11-2022 at 12:44 AM.

Here's a Nemesis in an adapted Tempest Centennial case. It didn't need a lot of adaption, mainly several extra pads to stop the protrusions on the Nemesis marking the interior. I was able to source some fabric a very close match to the original.

Here's a yellow nemesis in the same case; I no longer have this pistol in my collection.

Here's my engraved Senior in an adapted jewellery case, with extra barrel. Original grips fit in there too.
    I could do with a slightly larger case to take an oil can as well.

Posted this far too many times but this curly walnut case was the nicest case I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Posted this far too many times but this curly walnut case was the nicest case I have ever seen.

I'm not really a fan of repro cases but this ones looks gorgeous and certainly enhances a lovely pistol.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

ccdjg is online now Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    It is interesting to see in all the above great cased examples that the favourite type of internal fitting is the 'English style', with individual compartments. I suppose that it is more appropriate for vintage British pistols. In the case of my repro' Webley Mercury I decided to go for the 'French style', as I like the extra protection it gives. It doesn't look too out of character if the pistol is more modern.

labels

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post

Stunning example, sets it off beautifully. Would you have any idea where I could source 2 labels from please?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio54 View Post
    Stunning example, sets it off beautifully. Would you have any idea where I could source 2 labels from please?
    Fellow on forum sells them, just post a request here and he will answer.

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    those look really nice(new) in their cases.as you say a converted cutlery or cigar box suitably partitioned and lined would be a good way of displaying nice pistols like those.nothing looks quite as nice as a cased Webley.
    As you say, cigar boxes make a nice home for small air pistols like this Tell 2.

I would prefer original boxes and cases, but would rather keep some pistols in reproduction cases rather than old pistol sleeves especially if they were never offered cased.

Brian

[QUOTE=45flint;8190328]Posted this far too many times but this curly walnut case was the nicest case I have ever seen. QUOTE]

That is a nicely figured case containing one of my favourite Webley air pistols, the same sort of case I am looking for, but instead of coins I think I would have created a space for a pellet tin and enlarged the other space to take a Webley oil tin of either type.

I never get tired of looking at how people box or store their guns. Ingenious some of them... my favourite would have to be the walnut box with coins, if I live long enough I will get around to copying that idea.