Thread: Ed's gone

Ed's left the BBS

Sadly we've lost Eddie (edbear2). No, he's not expired, fortunately, but unfortunately crossed a mod in one of the other BBS sections and he has decided to stay away, more's the pity. It's our loss, because he brought a wealth of metalworking expertise to collectables that is impossible to replace. Fortunately he is still online elsewhere.

IMO the BBS in its wisdom really needs to start viewing people like Ed as a precious resource, which once gone impoverishes us all...
    Last edited by Garvin; 27-11-2022 at 07:24 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hi Danny,

You just stressed the life out of me with that thread title.

Thankfully Ed's OK though.

You're right; resources like Ed are priceless to a forum like this and his presence enriches members' experiences

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Danny,

You just stressed the life out of me with that thread title.

Thankfully Ed's OK though.

You're right; resources like Ed are priceless to a forum like this and his presence enriches members' experiences

Kind regards,

John
    Likewise stressed me, that title! Ed lives near me. & have met him a few times, nice guy.
    What's happened, to make him leave?

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    This is a very difficult thread to respond to as Ed has left the forum. As he isn't here to defend himself it would be wrong of me to go into details as to what has happened.

Suffice to say that a warning was given on more than one occasion about a forum rule being broken. Ed clearly disagreed with the warning.

The moderation team were in the process of discussing where to go with this when Ed decided to leave.

I am the individual who Ed got into a disagreement with. I too think it's a shame that he's decided to leave, the situation could have been resolved. I take absolutely no pleasure in his departure.

Unless any of the moderators have anything to add, this thread is now closed. I can't see any mileage in keeping it going as I can't discuss details about a former members decision to leave without him being present, it makes for something of a one sided pissing contest.

Dave
    Smell my cheese