Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
Great find Steve. That’s the beauty of research – there is always the unexpected to find.

In fact, since publishing my second edition, no less than four new discoveries have been made, yours being the fourth. One of them is even the discovery of a previously unknown prototype air pistol, corresponding exactly to an American ‘patented non-manufactured’ pistols discussed in Chapter 5 of the book. I can’t say more, as I do not want to steal the thunder of the finder, who will be detailing his new find in the Gallery when his own researches are complete, but it is an amazing find.

The question of updating the book is a tricky one, as there is definitely not going to be a third edition. I like the suggestion made by an American collector, namely that I continue to record new data and at suitable intervals produce pdf’s as addenda to the book, and post them in the Vintage Airgun Gallery for general access.

Danny’s suggestion of an internet version of the Encylcopedia is an interesting one, but at present I have to concentrate on book sales in order to recoup my financial outlay. It is going to be a bit of a long haul.

Cheers,
John
Well you have me reading chapter 5 pretty carefully.