Thread: BSA Mercury Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA Mercury Project

Hi,
    Earlier this year I saved a couple of pictures from this forum of a BSA Mercury with a beautiful dark stock, telescopic sights and what looks like a barrel shroud?? Possibly the rifle belonged to JonBaz?
    Has anyone done this as it looks great and I have two Mercury rifles that need attention so one may get a little extra lavished upon it.
    I have few skills but thought it may make a good project to add to my portfolio of success which includes changing a Meteor spring and a Supersport breech seal!
    Next mountain to climb will be learning how to post pictures on this forum!

nice project you have

Have you gotten the Mercury to perform well first?
    That should be the first part, getting energy and accuracy.
    Too many airguns!

Thanks Evert this morning I bought a kit from Chambers which included all seals, washers and a new standard spring plus some grease, it was fairly cheap at £19.00
    I also have the site for a tube to go over the barrel once this work is done. (I have a shortened barrel from gggr) I am stuck at work though for the next couple of days and I am not sure of the outside diameter of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Thanks Evert this morning I bought a kit from Chambers which included all seals, washers and a new standard spring plus some grease, it was fairly cheap at £19.00
    I also have the site for a tube to go over the barrel once this work is done. (I have a shortened barrel from gggr) I am stuck at work though for the next couple of days and I am not sure of the outside diameter of the barrel.
    BSA barrels are usually around 15,5mm
    Too many airguns!

Thanks Evert... so if I order a tube with a 15mm inner diameter is it possible to sand off a bit all around the BSA barrel to make it fit? I wonder if this is how its done?