Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
Sorry Maple but that's not quite correct.

The Diana G80 was sold in .177" as a normal sporter alongside the .22" guns, I know this is true as I bought a tuned .177" G80 by mail order from Airgunaid on behalf of my brother as he was under 17.

Unfortunately, after hanging on to my brother's Airgunaid tuned .177" G 80 for years he asked for it back about the same time as I joined the forum, so I never have had the chance to open it up and see how it was tuned.

As far as I can remember there was a target version of the G80 as you say, and Airgunaid sold a target version of the G80 in .20" alongside their .20" sporter.
Again from memory I think these were badged as the Airgunaid TR and Airgunaid SP --- a search on here will throw up some results on this to correct me.

All the best Mick
Think i used a meteor spring in mine, tuned it to the eddie barber article in airgun world, i also shimmed the side play out of the trigger with some small nylon electrical washers i found & polished the sears lightly. It's just a normal spit & polish tune inc deburring & smoothing, no chrono's in those days but it was more powerful & accurate than my mate airsporter much to his distaste as he sold it to me for a tenner with a cracked stock around the forend screws. Think i had the guide turned down at school on the lathe to fit the spring too. I'd guess it made a shade over 11 ft/lbs in .22 with superdomes or hobbys which i used at the time .