Quote Originally Posted by Maple View Post
I know the g80 was advertised as .177 and .22 but I can't remember ever seeing one in the smaller calibre.
I think they marketed the .177 as a target model with an aperture sight in a similar way Webley did with the mk3. You could buy the standard model in both in the smaller calibre.
Sorry Maple but that's not quite correct.

The Diana G80 was sold in .177" as a normal sporter alongside the .22" guns, I know this is true as I bought a tuned .177" G80 by mail order from Airgunaid on behalf of my brother as he was under 17.

Unfortunately, after hanging on to my brother's Airgunaid tuned .177" G 80 for years he asked for it back about the same time as I joined the forum, so I never have had the chance to open it up and see how it was tuned.

As far as I can remember there was a target version of the G80 as you say, and Airgunaid sold a target version of the G80 in .20" alongside their .20" sporter.
Again from memory I think these were badged as the Airgunaid TR and Airgunaid SP --- a search on here will throw up some results on this to correct me.

All the best Mick