Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kempton Park Dec 2022 Photos

Kempton Park Dec 2022 Photos

A huge thank you to Peter and Liz Binfield along with their team of ever helpful staff for yet another great fair.

A quality fair like this was definitely missing from the Arms Fair Year Calendar in years gone by and it's great to attend at a time of year that is usually quiet in terms of fairs and events.

There was so much to see as usual and before I knew it, my time had run out and we had to depart.

Highlights for me in no particular order have to be the Webley Mark I rifle that Binners had on his stall, with an original spare barrel, a Hyscore Sportster, a boxed Webley Mark 3 with paperwork including the original receipt, a straight grip Webley Senior, not one but two boxed Benjamin repeaters and a beautiful Air Arms High Power with an original barrel weight/silencer that fitted with the open front sight in place. There was so much more including two Crosman 180 Pellguns, a boxed Crosman Mark I, which was on my wants list for the fair and several Britannias.

It was also great to have a chat with so many collectors. My throat is now hoarse!

Anyway, here is a link to pics. There were some interesting antique firearms too and what looked like a deactivated Barratt 50!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KcGfrLn6zeJqPnCg8

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

As usual when I look at the photos.... 'Oooh I didn't see that!'

Full of admiration for the guys with stalls outside today.

Steve,

Hi John

Thanks for the photo's, I see at least one item there that went home with you!

Another excellent fair, many thanks to Pete and Liz for organising these events.

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    As usual when I look at the photos.... 'Oooh I didn't see that!'

Full of admiration for the guys with stalls outside today.

Steve,
    Hi Steve,

You and I both. I took a photo of several boxed rifles at a previous fair without realising one was on my wants list. It was only when the trader pointed it out later in the day that I realised he had what I wanted and needless to say I bought it straight away. That was an immaculate Crosman 400 in full working order.

Agreed about the guys outside. I should have gone back for a second chat but ran out of time.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Hi John

Thanks for the photo's, I see at least one item there that went home with you!
    I think there were a couple - the Hyscore Sportster and boxed Baikal Makarov - the latter was priced at £50, so how could I possibly resist?

I didn't photograph the very nice Crosman 180 and boxed Mark I that I bought and probably should have done.

That was a photo album and a half you had!

John

Well, I could not find anything to buy but much enjoyed speaking to others present, meeting you again John, and viewing all that was on display.

Rgds to all
    A

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Well, I could not find anything to buy but much enjoyed speaking to others present, meeting you again John, and viewing all that was on display.

Rgds to all
    A
    Yes, it was good to chat Andrew.

I came away with 4 new additions in the end and will let you know when I think of who had those items you were after. My memory has always been poor, so I can't even blame aging.

John

Kempton

Looks great
    Just that bit too far for me
    Dont suppose anyone knows who was selling the Britannias by any chance ?
    ATVB TOM

Quote Originally Posted by tom24 View Post
    Looks great
    Just that bit too far for me
    Dont suppose anyone knows who was selling the Britannias by any chance ?
    ATVB TOM
    Tim Dyson had one and I think Brian Moore (Purbeck Guns) had the other one I saw.

Thanks John. It was also pleasing to see Lakey again.

Personally, I thought the best rifle on display was the 1930s Greener, which had been completely refurbished. It was a hefty price too but an absolute beauty. I do not know much about these rifles and how they compared with the BSAs of the time but they appear to be magnificently built.

Rgds
    A

Greener

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Thanks John. It was also pleasing to see Lakey again.

Personally, I thought the best rifle on display was the 1930s Greener, which had been completely refurbished. It was a hefty price too but an absolute beauty. I do not know much about these rifles and how they compared with the BSAs of the time but they appear to be magnificently built.

Rgds
    A
    It was a lovely thing. A bit too perfect but also quite superb.

kempton

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Tim Dyson had one and I think Brian Moore (Purbeck Guns) had the other one I saw.
    Thank you very much for taking the time
    ATVB tom

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    as always a wonderful event, and I met my two objectives...

i) meet up with everyone for a good chat
    ii) don't buy anything I don't need.

First one is guaranteed, the second just doesn't happen.. although I did buy a small bandsaw, but as it's not a gun it doesn't count. And I needed it
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    as always a wonderful event, and I met my two objectives...

i) meet up with everyone for a good chat
    ii) don't buy anything I don't need.

First one is guaranteed, the second just doesn't happen.. although I did buy a small bandsaw, but as it's not a gun it doesn't count. And I needed it
    I managed both - sorry we didn't chat for that long though. The day seemed to go by in a flash.

I did come away with 4 guns but can think of a use for all of them, so I can justify they are all needed The bargain of the day has to be a boxed Makarov that had jammed after a previous owner had pulled the trigger after locking back the slide (don't do this!). The pistol was pristine and being sold for spares at a price of £50. It took me 5 minutes to unlock the slide when I got home!

John

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    The bargain of the day has to be a boxed Makarov that had jammed after a previous owner had pulled the trigger after locking back the slide (don't do this!). The pistol was pristine and being sold for spares at a price of £50. It took me 5 minutes to unlock the slide when I got home!

John
    See, you are better and fixing guns that you'd like us all to believe.. watch out Pete
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.