Thread: Kempton Park Dec 2022 Photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kempton Park Dec 2022 Photos

A huge thank you to Peter and Liz Binfield along with their team of ever helpful staff for yet another great fair.

A quality fair like this was definitely missing from the Arms Fair Year Calendar in years gone by and it's great to attend at a time of year that is usually quiet in terms of fairs and events.

There was so much to see as usual and before I knew it, my time had run out and we had to depart.

Highlights for me in no particular order have to be the Webley Mark I rifle that Binners had on his stall, with an original spare barrel, a Hyscore Sportster, a boxed Webley Mark 3 with paperwork including the original receipt, a straight grip Webley Senior, not one but two boxed Benjamin repeaters and a beautiful Air Arms High Power with an original barrel weight/silencer that fitted with the open front sight in place. There was so much more including two Crosman 180 Pellguns, a boxed Crosman Mark I, which was on my wants list for the fair and several Britannias.

It was also great to have a chat with so many collectors. My throat is now hoarse!

Anyway, here is a link to pics. There were some interesting antique firearms too and what looked like a deactivated Barratt 50!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KcGfrLn6zeJqPnCg8

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

As usual when I look at the photos.... 'Oooh I didn't see that!'

Full of admiration for the guys with stalls outside today.

Steve,

Hi John

Thanks for the photo's, I see at least one item there that went home with you!

Another excellent fair, many thanks to Pete and Liz for organising these events.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Hi John

Thanks for the photo's, I see at least one item there that went home with you!
    I think there were a couple - the Hyscore Sportster and boxed Baikal Makarov - the latter was priced at £50, so how could I possibly resist?

I didn't photograph the very nice Crosman 180 and boxed Mark I that I bought and probably should have done.

That was a photo album and a half you had!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Well, I could not find anything to buy but much enjoyed speaking to others present, meeting you again John, and viewing all that was on display.

Rgds to all
    A

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Well, I could not find anything to buy but much enjoyed speaking to others present, meeting you again John, and viewing all that was on display.

Rgds to all
    A
    Yes, it was good to chat Andrew.

I came away with 4 new additions in the end and will let you know when I think of who had those items you were after. My memory has always been poor, so I can't even blame aging.

John

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    As usual when I look at the photos.... 'Oooh I didn't see that!'

Full of admiration for the guys with stalls outside today.

Steve,
    Hi Steve,

You and I both. I took a photo of several boxed rifles at a previous fair without realising one was on my wants list. It was only when the trader pointed it out later in the day that I realised he had what I wanted and needless to say I bought it straight away. That was an immaculate Crosman 400 in full working order.

Agreed about the guys outside. I should have gone back for a second chat but ran out of time.

John