Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your best vintage airgun purchase of 2022?

What's your best vintage airgun purchase of 2022?

What is your best vintage airgun purchase of 2022?
    Let's see some photos
    Mine is this Light Pattern which I bought from forum member ali d. I can't stop shooting it.

Cheers, Louis

Hard to beat a good honest a Light Pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by jirushi View Post
    What is your best vintage airgun purchase of 2022?
    Let's see some photos
    Mine is this Light Pattern which I bought from forum member ali d. I can't stop shooting it.

Cheers, Louis

Hard to not appreciate these rifles, I find I shoot them often as well. Few times a piece of history still satisfies.

BSA Light Pattern

Lovely original looking gun Louis - and a great photo !
    Andy

As luck would have it, I also got a very nice 1920-vintage BSA Light Pattern this year.

But my favorite new one is this minty HW 35E from 1966. This unbiquitous model stretches the definitions of "vintage" and "collectible" by UK standards I suppose! But I've long admired the 35, the long-barrel E is rather rare over here, and this is the best example I've ever encountered.

Last edited by MDriskill; 17-12-2022 at 06:40 PM.

Had many great pickups this year but probably my best would be my 1930’s FLZ Favorit XX. I have a 1920’s and it was fascinating to see how they improved it at the end of production. See pic of both below. They increased the length of the tube to make it a much more powerful rifle, internalized the trigger adjustment, and increased the general quality of the machining and finish. The machining and finish is the finest of any air rifle I own. I think this is lost to many, given few were made and FLZ didn’t survive the war. I attached a pic of the front sight to show the detail they machined into every part. I have never seen a front sight on an air rifle made with this perfection.

Last edited by 45flint; 15-12-2022 at 03:14 PM.

What's your best vintage airgun purchase of 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Had many great pickups this year but probably my best would be my 1930’s FLZ Favorit XX. I have a 1920’s and it was fascinating to see how they improved it at the end of production. See pic of both below. They increased the length of the tube to make it a much more powerful rifle, internalized the trigger adjustment, and increased the general quality of the machining and finish. The machining and finish is the finest of any air rifle I own. I think this is lost to many, given few were made and FLZ didn’t survive the war. I attached a pic of the front sight to show the detail they machined into every part. I have never seen a front sight on an air rifle made with this perfection.

they are a work of art mate.

Beautiful guns all.

My nicest purchase in 2022:

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

There have been quite a few this year for me and it would be impossible for me to pick out a favourite.

A boxed Crosman 400 in pristine condition has to be up there along with a 1914 etched BSA Standard that came with its original handbook and spanner.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    There have been quite a few this year for me and it would be impossible for me to pick out a favourite.

A boxed Crosman 400 in pristine condition has to be up there along with a 1914 etched BSA Standard that came with its original handbook and spanner.

John
    Did it really happen without pics?

Very nice to see/read the best acquisitions of 2022.
    The FLZ Favorit XX looks stunning.

I'm not a collector but a couple of very humble old pistols came into my possession this year, I was also gifted a lovely BSA Mercury. The pistols are a Webley Junior, Webley Tempest and a Webley Nemesis in .22. In fact I am enjoying the Nemesis so much I will in the new year acquire one in .177... also I am looking for a tatty Tempest in .177 as I wish to polish it up so much as to make Elton John want to own it. Oh and BSA Meteors...very bargain basement but as old as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Did it really happen without pics?
    Hi Steve,

I've linked pics before but can't find them. It's way too cold to take more outside at the moment as no way I'm taking that etched BSA out for a photo session in the garden and then back into a warm house!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Stuck with these two

Bought these to sell at the fair but, nobody wanted em. Beginning to grow on me

Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    As luck would have it, I also got a very nice 1920-vintage BSA Light Pattern this year.

But my favorite new one is this minty HW 35E from 1966. Stretching the definitions of "vintage" and "collectible" by UK standards I suppose, but I've long admired the 35, the long-barrel E is rather rare over here, and this is the best example I've ever encountered.

That's stunning and very collectable by any standards. My last purchase was a similar vintage 35 Luxus, also with the 22" barrel! and stamped Burgo not Weihrauch.