Thread: What's your best vintage airgun purchase of 2022?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There have been quite a few this year for me and it would be impossible for me to pick out a favourite.

A boxed Crosman 400 in pristine condition has to be up there along with a 1914 etched BSA Standard that came with its original handbook and spanner.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    There have been quite a few this year for me and it would be impossible for me to pick out a favourite.

A boxed Crosman 400 in pristine condition has to be up there along with a 1914 etched BSA Standard that came with its original handbook and spanner.

John
    Did it really happen without pics?

Very nice to see/read the best acquisitions of 2022.
    The FLZ Favorit XX looks stunning.

I'm not a collector but a couple of very humble old pistols came into my possession this year, I was also gifted a lovely BSA Mercury. The pistols are a Webley Junior, Webley Tempest and a Webley Nemesis in .22. In fact I am enjoying the Nemesis so much I will in the new year acquire one in .177... also I am looking for a tatty Tempest in .177 as I wish to polish it up so much as to make Elton John want to own it. Oh and BSA Meteors...very bargain basement but as old as I am.

Stuck with these two

Bought these to sell at the fair but, nobody wanted em. Beginning to grow on me

Searching for 20 years

My best vintage purchase has been on my Want List since October 2000. That is when we received our copy of the book "Quackenbush Guns" by John Groenewold. In Chapter 21 - Ammunition was a picture of a dart label for 1 dozen darts which would be affixed to a wooden dart block. I was aware of the 1/2 dozen dart blocks but had never heard or seen a dozen dart block. Last month I drove 1,100 miles roundtrip to a large gun show where I found my treasure with 10 of the original darts. Though the label is not perfect, I was more than pleased with finding this piece at a very reasonable price. It fits in quite nice with my other early ammunition for 19th century air pistols.

It may seem like a long drive but back in 2018 I had planned this trip and when covid hit in 2019, I had to cancel. So this trip was over 4 years in the making and to make it even that much better, I purchased the wooden dart block on my 67th birthday. Can't wait to 2023 to see what other treasures may turn up.

Bruce Jr.

[IMG][/IMG]

Very nice to see/read about all the great purchases!
    I must say my plan for 2023 is to buy less. But I will probably fail again

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Did it really happen without pics?
    Hi Steve,

I've linked pics before but can't find them. It's way too cold to take more outside at the moment as no way I'm taking that etched BSA out for a photo session in the garden and then back into a warm house!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.