Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your best vintage airgun purchase of 2022?

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    My favourite would be a ‘patents pending’ marked MK1 webley pistol…not my best condition one but certainly the oldest
    Gun control means using both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    That's stunning and very collectable by any standards. My last purchase was a similar vintage 35 Luxus, also with the 22" barrel! and stamped Burgo not Weihrauch.
    Thanks for the kind words. Would to see a photo of your one; Burgo offered some stunning variations on the HW 35, and that early Bayern-style Luxus stock is my favorite.

Mine arrived without original sights, unfortunately. The photo shows an Anschutz front, and a steel HW diopter from the 50's, which a previous owner had modified to fit the slightly wider rails on the later "13 mm" Weihrauchs.

Last edited by MDriskill; 17-12-2022 at 06:39 PM.

So far, it's the early chromed Gat but I've still got a few days to go till the end of the year.......dom

Biggest surprise of 2022 was the Diana model 30 trainer that I acquired. It was a far better rifle than I imagined. Extremely accurate given it shoots diablo pellets and not the round balls of most trainers. Totally has the feel and look of a K98 with a strap added. Mine being in just amazing condition was certainly honorable mention of all my acquisitions this year.

OK. Don't laugh.
    My best vintage air gun added to my little collection in 2022 is......a Diana Model 1. It's a little children's gun which can fire both pellets or corks.
    Going back to about 1943 or 4 when I was round about five years old a 'grown up' cousin who was in his mid teens at the time produced this mighty weapon when we were visiting my aunt & uncle one day, showed me how to use it, instilling into me the necessary safely aspects, then gave it me as we were leaving. I had it years & I don't know what happened to it. I had no pellets as it was war time, but fired daisy heads & anything else I could poke into the barrel.
    Why did I get this toy? Pure nostalgia.
    How did I get hold of it? I gave Tim Dyson a rather vague description of the original & he dug one out from his vast stock of goodies.
    It brings back happy childhood memories whenever I use it.

In a local shop as a mk2 Premier. Now 5 1973’s
    Not very exciting but immaculate and a brilliant shooter

It's not a Mk2 as I expect you Know my premier bought new in about 77 has a sticker where yours is etched? how would you describe it ? but still has the same box as mine had ( yes I threw it)
    Or is it because it is earlier than mine?
    Last edited by Dornfelderliebe; 17-12-2022 at 07:07 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. Would to see a photo of your one; Burgo offered some stunning variations on the HW 35, and that early Bayern-style Luxus stock is my favorite.

Mine arrived without original sights, unfortunately. The photo shows an Anschutz front, and a steel HW diopter from the 50's, which a previous owner had modified to fit the slightly wider rails on the later "13 mm" Weihrauchs.

Will do, PM your email address and I'll send you some pictures.

Those early steel HW dioptres are a work of art. I've only got the later alloy ones on a couple of mine.

Would a 177 walnut pro-elite count??

Quote Originally Posted by GB2017 View Post
    Would a 177 walnut pro-elite count??
    Bit new for me but if it does it for you, then yes.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Biggest surprise of 2022 was the Diana model 30 trainer that I acquired. It was a far better rifle than I imagined. Extremely accurate given it shoots diablo pellets and not the round balls of most trainers. Totally has the feel and look of a K98 with a strap added. Mine being in just amazing condition was certainly honorable mention of all my acquisitions this year.

You lucky person especially as it shoots as good as it looks

Pistols

Very few purchases this year. Collection starting to feel nearly complete..
    Particularly pleased with:
    1) The boxed Haenel pistol. Not quite up to 45Flints but a lovely example with a solid box that needs a small amount of sympathetic repair.
    2) Very early Webley Mk1 pistol No. 1192. Has some light pitting but not mucked about with and unmolested. Both shoot well as to be expected for a quality pistol.
    Some pics here.
    https://imgur.com/a/W0nh2tQ
    All the best for a great Xmas and very happy new year to all here.
    Steve

Buying :

A Straight gripped senior in its box.
    A senior in a Rexine case.
    Both near mint pistols

Selling :

I have had a good dwindling year , selling on 14 guns.

Searching for 20 years

My best vintage purchase has been on my Want List since October 2000. That is when we received our copy of the book "Quackenbush Guns" by John Groenewold. In Chapter 21 - Ammunition was a picture of a dart label for 1 dozen darts which would be affixed to a wooden dart block. I was aware of the 1/2 dozen dart blocks but had never heard or seen a dozen dart block. Last month I drove 1,100 miles roundtrip to a large gun show where I found my treasure with 10 of the original darts. Though the label is not perfect, I was more than pleased with finding this piece at a very reasonable price. It fits in quite nice with my other early ammunition for 19th century air pistols.

It may seem like a long drive but back in 2018 I had planned this trip and when covid hit in 2019, I had to cancel. So this trip was over 4 years in the making and to make it even that much better, I purchased the wooden dart block on my 67th birthday. Can't wait to 2023 to see what other treasures may turn up.

Bruce Jr.

[IMG][/IMG]

Very nice to see/read about all the great purchases!
    I must say my plan for 2023 is to buy less. But I will probably fail again