Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your best vintage airgun purchase of 2022?

Probably my best purchase would be the Smith & Wesson 78G, it goes off with a good crack and the 0.22 ammo smacks targets nicely.

Close second is a Webley Osprey Supertarget that arrived yesterday, I have been looking out for an opportunity to acquire one of these for around 8 years, this one came up at the right price, but at the wrong time of year! It came without a rear sight, I have a cheap SMK one on it for now, but will be looking out for something better next year, maybe at the next Melbourne fayre...

A very close third is this lovely Hammerli Sparkler, serial number 2240 featured on the Vintage Airgun Gallery, second entry on this page from 'Mark D'.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....tol/#post-1256
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

For me this year was a Benjamin 392P 1991 after having a few in .177 and a couple of years searching a .22 came up for sale.

Factory engraved Junior was a bit special
    Even though I was trying to avoid more Juniors

I acquired a couple of early spring air pistol projects this year which I was very pleased with - an Eisenwerke Gaggenau MF and a Eureka. Both lack original finish and in need of quite a bit of attention but will keep me busy over the winter months.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    My other ‘in progress’ aquisition is an ackvoke pistol which has arrived as a few odd parts from a couple of different sources. With a few more parts and some fabrication i should be able to frankenstein a whole functional pistol together….
    Anyone got any bits like piston trigger sear etc?
    Gun control means using both hands.

Thumbs up

I reckon this is my best buy in a few years!

Was told I was lucky that Don didn't carve buffalo and eagles in to the stock!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Nice version Millita

Not saying this is special at all, chosen this because I only picked up three or four in 2022 and this is best condition and most liked from those acquired, the others being a couple of little break barrels, a Tell & a Haenel mod 45 plus a late boxed Mk 4 Meteor S. Oh and a BSA prewar project last week mentioned elsewhere.

Got it because it was quite a tidy one and has a different barrel release compared to my lever or button Millita types.
    Date stamped on butt plate and underside is badly stamped as made abroad I guess.
    I've since noticed it's very similar to one that John Milewski wrote about in AGW in May 2009

https://imgur.com/gallery/D3RLF19
    Last edited by stevegv8; 22-12-2022 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Added detail
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGunn View Post
    I acquired a couple of early spring air pistol projects this year which I was very pleased with - an Eisenwerke Gaggenau MF and a Eureka. Both lack original finish and in need of quite a bit of attention but will keep me busy over the winter months.

Oooh I recognise one of these :-)