Thread: Smith & Wesson 77A .22

Smith & Wesson 77A .22

An interesting multi pump that's uncommon in the UK. This one retains it's original finish on the alloy receiver and wood work. The pump tube bluing is excellent as is most of the barrel, with only slight browning in a small area. It's had fresh seals in August this year and it pumps and holds air perfectly.

Some info online about the S&W 77a

"This rifle was produced from 1971 to 1978, according to the Blue Book of Airguns. The 77A was only produced in .22 caliber, so don’t look for one in .177." B.B. Pelletier

Part 1
    https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2019...-rifle-part-1/

Part 2
    https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2019...-rifle-part-2/

Definitely a good looker!

As you say ratbuster, pretty rare in the UK and, I suspect probably in the US also.

It's similar to the 1970s Crosmans because S&W allegedly pinched some of their engineers.

Have a great Christmas Allan, hopefully we'll get a chance to have a good chat at one of the bashes next year.

I havent been able to date it but they were made from 1971 - 1978. I think this is a very late model because production was moved to Springfield and the recievers were powder coated rather than painted. This finish seems to be much more durable than earlier ones.

i wasn't sur if it had been refurbed ,the screws on mine are slot head not button head/cap heads

Nice to see. How does it shoot?
    Too many airguns!

Do you know the age of your one Ped? Unlike the crosman website where they put up dates of their old guns there's nothing to find around on the web with the 77a.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    i wasn't sur if it had been refurbed ,the screws on mine are slot head not button head/cap heads

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Nice to see. How does it shoot?
    I haven't shot it much with only a few pellets through it but it's a pleasure to shoot mainly because it's easy to pump.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    Do you know the age of your one Ped? Unlike the crosman website where they put up dates of their old guns there's nothing to find around on the web with the 77a.
    i don't James

Also I'm sure I read the earlier ones didn't have scope grooves.