Thread: Xisico b10 - whats your thoughts on the older Chinese stuff?

Xisico b10 - whats your thoughts on the older Chinese stuff?

Hi,

If anyone has any knowledge of this pistol/rifle I would be most grateful. If there is one for sale I would be interested in buying... I know its not really a classic as such but more of an oddity and collectable. Is there a book or article that covers some of the wierder asian guns? My Blue book is great but pretty much ignores this sort of thing.
    I seem to recall my mate having a side lever Chinese gun (Deer Hunter?) which was interesting but not a patch on the Osprey or Tracker that were popular at the same time. Leather breach seal and basic engineering and the finish was agricultural... did they all end up getting scrapped?

Anyway I will continue my search but older/odder rifles and just second hand in general seem to be getting thin on the ground.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

The chinese stuff often suffers from very rough workmanship, and is not always easy to get to shoot well.
    Barrel fit to forks and pivot bolt can be quite sloppy, which is difficult to remedy for most people.

I have a "Fast deer" side lever, which I cut down to make a poor mans Tracker.
    Because of its short transfer port it responded well to conversion to synthetic seal, which increased the velocity and stopped the dieselling.
    But the stiff spring made for a nasty shotcycle, so perhaps worth some spring experimentation.
    Too many airguns!

its good to "meet" someone who has the Fast Deer. Like you say they may well be worth experimenting with, I havent seen an actual one in over 30 years! Maybe a softer spring would calm it down?
    I do like cheaper guns as its no disaster if a mistake is made and if the gun is a little quirky then for me they are even better. The Chinese Airgun Forum is great but its really quiet on there now. I dont think they even have a B10 listed.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    its good to "meet" someone who has the Fast Deer. Like you say they may well be worth experimenting with, I havent seen an actual one in over 30 years! Maybe a softer spring would calm it down?
    I do like cheaper guns as its no disaster if a mistake is made and if the gun is a little quirky then for me they are even better. The Chinese Airgun Forum is great but its really quiet on there now. I dont think they even have a B10 listed.
    The B10 is a blast from the past. Never used one myself but its pump action is based on the even earlier B4 pump up rifle. The early Chinese were very rough and ready but the progression towards really nicely made rifles is fascinating to watch. There are some absolute classics, the B3 underlever and similar rifles and then the clones of western guns the B20 (HW95), and B40 (TX200).

Ogilkes I agree with you 100%I had the B19 and xs20 and they were excellent, the 19 had a Welsh Willy trigger on it and I regret selling it... as I am getting older I have decided to stop dithering and buy the rifles that I find interesting or wanted as a youngster. Its not going to be a quick process though as I only acquired 3 rifles and 3 pistols in 2022!
    The pump up is intriguing and has made it to my list which is growing faster than I can find them!