Thread: More BSA No19 help, please

More BSA No19 help, please

I have a No19 Combination Target Foresight on a BSA Martini No6 from 1912-14. It's almost complete and it even has the little brass changeover lever, but I think it's broken. Judging by the sales literature (see the images under 'BSA range 1914 (Charles Riggs) - Sights' at https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....brochures-etc/) I have the 'thin ring and bead' option. However my 'bead' is missing - just a naked post. This post is much thinner than the advertised no19 post; it's 1/64" wide at most and is about 1/16"/2mm deep. The rifle shoots brilliantly with the 'thin ring' sight and No8 rear sight so I'd like to restore the bead and v notch to match. Does anyone have an undamaged bead I can compare with, please?

(Sorry for written description without pics; no macro on my phone camera and I haven't yet taken the sight apart, so no micrometer access yet.)

If you PM me your phone number I will whats app some pictures as I have a couple of No19’s sights that I can help you out with.