Thread: Vintage BSA project shock, never seen the like, new thread to previous

Vintage BSA project shock, never seen the like, new thread to previous

I did a thread last Friday about having found a fixer upper BSA standard side button that was first bought just as spares but looked very worthy of saving.
    Just a small update, assembled it to confirm it had all the parts needed in the box, so I test fired it but the pellet didn't leave the barrel, so stripped it again and with measuring from the transfer port with the tap out and also from the barrel end I could see there was already at least another one in there with both some distance apart.
    Had it been a break barrel I would have seen this before test firing but overlooked checking.
    Anyway I stand corrected, it was 2 dozen!
    I picture someone firing it 30 odd years ago time after time and thinking "I'm way off target today"

My next concern though is that as the piston was acquired by the previous owner for this and is a 4 1/2 inch body is it correct for a 43 1/2 inch gun that is the 2 inch shorter version, I guess I have the answer already though because when I added my pellet it did latch nicely and also cycled fine bar the pellet issue.
    Just hope there isn't a tight spot in the barrel and the original problem was only from low power.

https://imgur.com/a/hjs0uOJ
    Last edited by stevegv8; 22-12-2022 at 03:41 PM.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

That's insane!!😂😂

Had a similar situation with an FWB 124 sport, with their aging seals situations like that arise easily.
    Too many airguns!