Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which one to keep/sell/give?

Which one to keep/sell/give?

I still have a few good rifles as well as the fixer-uppers I listed in another thread. I don't want to get rid of them all, but I think I only want to keep one, give one to my 25 year old grandson, and sell the others.
    I have:
    1. An early HW80 in .22. It's had the stock refinished reasonably well, and a Welsh Willie kit fitted. Also has a very nice Nikko Sterling Mountmaster 3-9 x 40 scope. Only had about 10 pellets through it since the WW kit was fitted.
    2. Crossman Phantom in .177. Black synthetic stock, with a Centre Point 4 x 32 scope. Good condition.
    3. SMK TH78D CO2 powered .22 in very good condition. I've had this one from new, it has the factory scope and silencer and is in as new condition.
    4. Webley Tracker in .22. Has a few small marks on the stock but generally good condition and shoots well. Scope is a BSA "22 Special".
    5. Webley Mark 3 in .177. Must be a fairly early model as is doesn't have dovetails for scope mounting but it has the later style of back block. Looks as if someone tried to weld a mounting rail onto the back block but the weld has been ground off. I have a good back block for it but haven't got round to changing it. Shoots very well. Stock seems to have been sanded and satin varnished.

At the moment I'm thinking of keeping the Mark 3 (I've owned it since 1978!) and giving either the Tracker or the Crossman to the grandson, and selling the other Weirauch and the SMK as I think they're likely to raise the most money. Does that seem the right choice?
    Can anyone suggest a selling price for these please?
    Pete

Keep Tracker, give Hw80, and sell the others.

Keep the hw80,

Any thoughts about values?
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by stillp View Post
    Any thoughts about values?
    Pete
    Highest to lowest
    HW 80
    Tracker
    Crosman
    MK3 (for spares)
    Collectively, as a bundle, I would want change from £200-£250

Wow, I would have thought the HW80 worth that on its own!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Keep Tracker, give Hw80, and sell the others.
    Agreed. If you want to raise as much cash as possible though the 80 is your most salable and should fetch £200 if in good condition. The tracker not far behind, maybe 150 to 175 depending on condition. Not sure about the value of the others. Selling individually will raise the best prices.

Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Thanks Max. Looks like the grandson will get the Crosman then! I might keep the mark 3 since I've had it for so long and it doesn't seem to be worth much. Don't know what to do with the SMK though.
    I'm surprised the Tracker could be worth that much, I think I only paid about £70 for it. Not that I'm complaining! Did I mention that it's the short barrel version with a barrel weight?
    Pete

Highest to lowest
    HW 80
    Tracker
    Crosman
    MK3 (for spares)
    Collectively, as a bundle, I would want change from £200-£250
    Are you saying that that you would expect to get all of these for less than £200-250????????????!!!!!!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

For the SMK TH78 I reckon you would get £100 every day of the week if you were after a quick sale but could get more with a little patience and if it holds gas. Look at how much they are new now. I think they are up to about £180 new? I would keep that one and the Webley mk3.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Are you saying that that you would expect to get all of these for less than £200-250????????????!!!!!!
    Cash is king. Without actually seeing the items, then value is pie in the sky.

Keep the Tracker or MK3. These are collectables. Cant always buy these back. HW80 isnt much fancy. You can buy one back any day. Id give away the HW80, sell the rest
    ATB,
    yana

Cash is king. Without actually seeing the items, then value is pie in the sky.
    So you are basically saying you don't know what they are worth, so why come up with a low-ball figure when the OP is looking for assistance?? Why not say you don't know or just not offer an opinion? Your "valuation" would only be valid if the rifles you note were all in very poor condition which is not how they are described??

As far as I am aware the Mk3 in .177" is more rare than the .22" version. I am not sure what it's value is with the spare block but should make a good project especially as it is reported to shoot well. There are some on here that know about mk3s who may be able to give a ball park figure?
    If you decided not to keep it and were further south I would find it the most interesting prospect out of those you listed.

1. An early HW80 in .22. It's had the stock refinished reasonably well, and a Welsh Willie kit fitted. Also has a very nice Nikko Sterling Mountmaster 3-9 x 40 scope. Only had about 10 pellets through it since the WW kit was fitted.
    2. Crossman Phantom in .177. Black synthetic stock, with a Centre Point 4 x 32 scope. Good condition.
    3. SMK TH78D CO2 powered .22 in very good condition. I've had this one from new, it has the factory scope and silencer and is in as new condition.
    4. Webley Tracker in .22. Has a few small marks on the stock but generally good condition and shoots well. Scope is a BSA "22 Special".
    5. Webley Mark 3 in .177. Must be a fairly early model as is doesn't have dovetails for scope mounting but it has the later style of back block. Looks as if someone tried to weld a mounting rail onto the back block but the weld has been ground off. I have a good back block for it but haven't got round to changing it. Shoots very well. Stock seems to have been sanded and satin varnished.

I'm not much good at valuations but this is my thoughts. First not easy without pictures, & I suppose it depends a bit on what you & your grandsons requirements/likes/preferences are in an air rifle too.
    If the aim us to raise money then I'd have thought the HW80 would be the most valuable. A quick look on guntrader shows what they go for sh. Dont think theres one on there under 250 but whether it's in comparable condition I dont know. Phantoms & SMK..?... new about 225 I think so would it be about 50 - 75% of that ? The Tracker, none advertised that I've seen after a quick look but 150 ish. Not going to try & value the Weebley, sounds do up-able & interesting so my opinion would be to hang onto that one. Bit sentimental about older stuff, & you've got the bit to restore it, hang onto it, hard to find another one easily.
    Best of luck.