Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which one to keep/sell/give?

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    1. An early HW80 in .22. It's had the stock refinished reasonably well, and a Welsh Willie kit fitted. Also has a very nice Nikko Sterling Mountmaster 3-9 x 40 scope. Only had about 10 pellets through it since the WW kit was fitted.
    2. Crossman Phantom in .177. Black synthetic stock, with a Centre Point 4 x 32 scope. Good condition.
    3. SMK TH78D CO2 powered .22 in very good condition. I've had this one from new, it has the factory scope and silencer and is in as new condition.
    4. Webley Tracker in .22. Has a few small marks on the stock but generally good condition and shoots well. Scope is a BSA "22 Special".
    5. Webley Mark 3 in .177. Must be a fairly early model as is doesn't have dovetails for scope mounting but it has the later style of back block. Looks as if someone tried to weld a mounting rail onto the back block but the weld has been ground off. I have a good back block for it but haven't got round to changing it. Shoots very well. Stock seems to have been sanded and satin varnished.

I'm not much good at valuations but this is my thoughts. First not easy without pictures, & I suppose it depends a bit on what you & your grandsons requirements/likes/preferences are in an air rifle too.
    If the aim us to raise money then I'd have thought the HW80 would be the most valuable. A quick look on guntrader shows what they go for sh. Dont think theres one on there under 250 but whether it's in comparable condition I dont know. Phantoms & SMK..?... new about 225 I think so would it be about 50 - 75% of that ? The Tracker, none advertised that I've seen after a quick look but 150 ish. Not going to try & value the Weebley, sounds do up-able & interesting so my opinion would be to hang onto that one. Bit sentimental about older stuff, & you've got the bit to restore it, hang onto it, hard to find another one easily.
    Best of luck.
    Value seems to be an interesting thing at the moment. I’m new to all this. People like me are entering the market. 50somethings with the kids flown or flying the nest, and possibly affluent.

Theoben Siroccos, Trackers, HW80s and FWB124s were as desirable and unobtainable as Ferraris when we were teens. We want that thing we couldn’t have as teens because of money and permission and that we couldn’t have as younger adults as we had no time nor anywhere to shoot and we’re worried about kids getting hold of them.

To me a pcp looks like something Anne Summers might sell. What do you enthusiasts say - if it ain’t got a spring it don’t mean a thing?.

A HW80 I believe can still be bought new so it’s price is capped by a new one. There is a finite number of trackers so I’d have thought that would be more.

With transport (time poor - I, as an example, haven’t time to drive across the U.K.) I’ve just paid more than anything quoted for an original 50 T01. Frankly if it needs it I’ll spend the same again to make it good.

If the tracker is good and OEM and it’s made easy for the buyer (certified < 12ft lb / arrange RFD transport) then it’s worth most. It’s probably the keeper as it reflects a point in time that can’t be repeated.

Some interesting replies, thanks guys. I was a bit surprised at the enthusiasm for the Tracker.
    I think the Crosman will go to the grandson, and the Mark 3 will be kept. Haven't decided about the SMK yet. That means the HW80 and the Tracker are up for sale.
    Pete