Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anschutz 335 - truly amazing accuracy

serial number on mine is 027674 ??

I'm not at all surprised at all the glowing praise and love for this lovely break barrel.

Back in 1977, with the advent of Airgun World and a new Age of Enlightenment, many of us were introduced to the "exotic" German rifles. And the 335 was, most definitely, one of them. Highly regarded and sought after.

A fair few people would, seemingly, sometimes use the barrels from these grafted onto more "powerful" rifles, such was the reputation.

Anyone remember Jim Tyler's (WBPS) Marauder?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Well, I have now 'chanced my arm' and emailed Anschutz in my most diplomatic style, to request production dates for codes:

035022; 68804; 85633; 018306; 81847; 111579; 027674; 027674. One or two of these owners did not ask but the codes were given in a post from another member, so I thought I would see if I could get them too.

I have additionally asked for guidance on their numbering system and also information on the number of 335s produced during its term of manufacture.

Finally, I have asked whether there is any chance that they would consider producing an updated 335 for the large UK market, given that FWB and Walther no longer produce sporting rifles. I suspect the answer is no but we will see.

I shall report back in due course!

Rgds
    A

PS: Judging my the number of views - over 1500 so far - this thread has clearly set a sympathetic chord!

Serial Numbers and related matters

Dear All,

I am pleased to advise that Anschutz has already generously responded to my enquiry and here are the numbers and production years for other owners:

35022 -> 1973

68804 -> 1976

85633 -> 1980

18306 -> 1972

81847 -> 1979

111579 -> 1986

27674 -> 1973

Anschutz go on to advise that with regard to the production years of each rifle: "We have a list which helps us determine the production year, this is internally though, so we are not able to send you the list. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide any additional information, I kindly ask for your understanding.

As of now, I think there is no desire to bring back the 335." Unquote.

I hope this helps. I did not expect they would seek to bring back the 335 although I have just now replied to say that were they to reconsider, there would be considerable enthusiasm and any prototype would be freely reviewed, with constructive feedback furnished. I suspect my tuppence worth will fall on deaf ears!

I think it was very good of them to have been so helpful.

Rgds
    A

Excellent - thanks much for posting this.

Thank you, well done, your diplomatic skills should secure you a job at the UN!

And a big thank you to Anschütz for taking the trouble to be so helpful.

Wow that was quick, Well done andrewM for going to the trouble in getting this info for us and nice that they are prepared to answer in a positive way when they could easily have refused or just ignored the request.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I'm not at all surprised at all the glowing praise and love for this lovely break barrel.

Back in 1977, with the advent of Airgun World and a new Age of Enlightenment, many of us were introduced to the "exotic" German rifles. And the 335 was, most definitely, one of them. Highly regarded and sought after.

A fair few people would, seemingly, sometimes use the barrels from these grafted onto more "powerful" rifles, such was the reputation.

Yes, but the Mauraudermax - 335 barrel and lock grafted on to a Mk 1 Hw 80 is surely the holy grail of David Jenkins work ? - no doubt JT can advise re the 'wizards work and current whereabouts ' ?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

The WPBS Marauder, before it’s name had been confirmed, was the most accurate sporter tested by Jim in SAR in 1984, including beating the FWB Sport and the then band new HW77.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pusk View Post
    Thank you, well done, your diplomatic skills should secure you a job at the UN!

And a big thank you to Anschütz for taking the trouble to be so helpful.
    Indeed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    Yes, but the Mauraudermax - 335 barrel and lock grafted on to a Mk 1 Hw 80 is surely the holy grail of David Jenkins work ? - no doubt JT can advise re the 'wizards work and current whereabouts ' ?
    Yep, the Maraudermax certainly sounded to be a lovely marriage of two outstanding rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The WPBS Marauder, before it’s name had been confirmed, was the most accurate sporter tested by Jim in SAR in 1984, including beating the FWB Sport and the then band new HW77.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I knew nothing about this but if anyone can obtain chapter and verse, and any article, I will send this through to Anschutz - and then give them another little push to update their 335 (which will probably fall on deaf ears!).

Am delighted to have been of service re the dates of production.

Rgds
    A

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I knew nothing about this but if anyone can obtain chapter and verse, and any article, I will send this through to Anschutz - and then give them another little push to update their 335 (which will probably fall on deaf ears!).

Am delighted to have been of service re the dates of production.

Rgds
    A
    You never know it might have raised ears on the rear sight assembly, FWB thought it looked good
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW777 View Post
    You never know it might have raised ears on the rear sight assembly, FWB thought it looked good
    Yes, the rear sight assembly, which was a sliding scale affair on the Mk1 - similar to that of the FWB - looked good on the face of it. However, trying to match up distances with the sliding scale did not meet expectations. They changed the sights on the Mk2 to a wheel, by way of improvement.

Rgds
    A