Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 267 77 Rocket

Benjamin 267 77 Rocket

This is a well made pistol which had a very bad leak. A couple of us on this forum have tried to fix it with no success. This continuous bout of rain drove me into the garage to have another go. Looking closer inside I noticed the exhaust valve seating was not perfectly smooth and was the source of the leak. The problem with these pistols is that it is very difficult to remove the valve body as the barrel is held in place with a spot welded bracket at the rear which stops the barrel being removed from the transfer port linked to the valve. The valve is about 5 inches down inside the body of the pistol. I thought about knocking up a long polishing tool with a shaped end. Then I thought perhaps a softer Shore hardness polyurethane seal would work so I turned up a new valve and fitted it, and it worked. Have kept the original valve for a spare. These pistols use the old 8gm CO2 capsule.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Very interesting. May I ask what hardness PU you went for?
    Morally flawed

nice i got one recently that had spent a few years under water and the only salvagable bits are the hammer and trigger frame
    there was also a 422 a 132 (now back working ) a fireball pistol a crosman 116 which is next to try resurrect but i'll have to machine a new tube as someone tried to break it beyond repair

Jerry, I did not check with a Durometer but used the fingernail test. Could make no impression on the red seal that was already fitted, the replacement one I guess was around 85 Shore A. If there is a problem in future I will clean up the brass valve surface with some abrasive polish using a long wooden dowel.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    nice i got one recently that had spent a few years under water and the only salvagable bits are the hammer and trigger frame
    there was also a 422 a 132 (now back working ) a fireball pistol a crosman 116 which is next to try resurrect but i'll have to machine a new tube as someone tried to break it beyond repair
    ped, I would like to do something like that, resurrect an old bulk fill. At the moment I only have one item to rebuild which involves a lot of elbow grease, an old Haenel model V1.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]

always nice to get an oldie back working

Polishing the valve seat to remove corrosion/debris/nicking is good practice on any of the CO2 and pump-up guns. It can be a chore on Benji's and Sheridans where the seat is far inside, but well worth making a tool such as a dowel with abrasive paper fastened to its face. Quite often the old brass has been messed up too much for a reliable seal if left as-is.

Don R.

Interesting post - thank you!

I have a 2600 BB Rocket that I've put many hours into so far. I made circlip pliers out of surgical forceps. I also followed Laurie's blog to make a pair of cutters for a new PU valve seal and also a cutter to remove the old seal around the valve body.

Unfortunately I've only once managed to get it to hold a capsule of CO2 - I just can't seem to get a seal around the valve body and its so hard to get at.

Lovely pistols - it will be great if I can get it working one day.

Steve.

Last edited by steve medlock; 11-01-2023 at 09:01 PM.

Good work Baz
    I have the Benjamin 422 semi auto version, tho pellet fussy it still holds air fine, I need to use it more as I haven't in a while and that's when seals tend to dry out!

This is mine
    Thanks Baz
    Works a treat
    Feisty one!

I will send you a pic of the box to add to the thread

This pistol has an almost pristine box, looks like it has just come from the retailer. Very clean inside and out.

Baz
    [IMG][/IMG]

I never lose the pistol in that box

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    Interesting post - thank you!

I have a 2600 BB Rocket that I've put many hours into so far. I made circlip pliers out of surgical forceps. I also followed Laurie's blog to make a pair of cutters for a new PU valve seal and also a cutter to remove the old seal around the valve body.

Unfortunately I've only once managed to get it to hold a capsule of CO2 - I just can't seem to get a seal around the valve body and its so hard to get at.

Lovely pistols - it will be great if I can get it working one day.

Steve.

that is a nice looking pistol

This thread has reminded me to get my 257 out for a shoot. I like the fact that they use the 8gr capsules that you can get from your local Wilco's

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    This thread has reminded me to get my 257 out for a shoot. I like the fact that they use the 8gr capsules that you can get from your local Wilco's
    Wilco good for them as is "zeroin" Airsoft near me,
    More recently I've got them off the OP "Benelli B76, Baz" he's had plenty and local