Thread: Vast BB gun collection

Vast BB gun collection

Pics of Daisys, Markhams, Columbias etc from the Gene Kubasta collection. He's 93 now and his son John is selling them off in batches.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....-markhams-etc/
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

When your hobby gets out of hand…
    Morally flawed

some nice ones there

Love to get one of those Daisy 26's, lovely condition; mine is a bit knocked about.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I think it is a tragedy when a lifetime's collection get so large that its inheritors have to dispose of it in batches rather than as individual items. It is like selling library books by the yard. The dealers make a killing whereas the collectors are often priced out of the bidding.

Much better to gradually sell off the bulk of your collection before you pop your clogs, but the problem is deciding when the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I think it is a tragedy when a lifetime's collection get so large that its inheritors have to dispose of it in batches rather than as individual items. It is like selling library books by the yard. The dealers make a killing whereas the collectors are often priced out of the bidding.

Much better to gradually sell off the bulk of your collection before you pop your clogs, but the problem is deciding when the time is right.
    Not sure it matters, he enjoyed it?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Not sure it matters, he enjoyed it?
    It certainly doesn't matter to him now, but while he was alive he could have enjoyed probably even more seeing some of his collection go to younger collectors, equally as enthusiastic as us old 'uns, but with shallower pockets. I know I hope to be doing that, but how do I know when the time is right?

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    It certainly doesn't matter to him now, but while he was alive he could have enjoyed probably even more seeing some of his collection go to younger collectors, equally as enthusiastic as us old 'uns, but with shallower pockets. I know I hope to be doing that, but how do I know when the time is right?
    I don't think he's dead yet but at the ripe old age of 93 according to post #1
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I don't think he's dead yet but at the ripe old age of 93 according to post #1
    My apologies to Gene for my misreading of his situation. I gather that sadly he can no longer remember or appreciate his collection, so it will not matter to him how it will be disposed of.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi Danny, what a cracking collection of tinplate rifles and pistols. many thanks for putting them up.