Thread: Interesting copy of a front sight close to 1914 BSA folding globe sight

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    That repro looks well made Steve but it does look somewhat fake and I think it might 'cheapen' the look of your Standard.

I pictured an extract of the Riggs/BSA advert showing the various No 20 combinations in The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle (2021) as well as an original sight in the Sighting Options chapter. The No 20 is seldom encountered today but does occasionally turn up. The No 19 is also contemporary and more often encountered, so may be an easier option to find.

Kind regards,

John
    Don’t disagree and found after measurement and finding the specs that the inner sight is just a tad short for my needs. Kind of settled on a front sight milled here in the US that offers just the height I need. Nothing fancy but will look more natural. Could hand file it into more of a BSA shape but not sure anyone except me and you would notice! Lol

If you noticed from the brochure above the 20 is meant for the BSA air rifle and is quite a bit higher. (My issue) It’s the one of the “Gallery” photo above. I think the odds of nailing one of those would be quite small.
    Last edited by 45flint; 21-01-2023 at 01:47 PM.