Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Melbourne Airgun Fayre

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Great pistol i was tempted by that one, but some lucky person got it, Hmm,

Did you see the 79G the same guy was selling? It was an early model with the double power settings and adjustable trigger, it looked very nice in the original box and glossy finish, albeit a little worn at the edges. If I didn't already have a 78G and had £250 spare, I would have bought that too!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    I was torn between a Walther LP53 and a Predom Łucznik Wz.1970, both for £150. The LP53 looked well used, but the Wz.1970 looked barely used and in the original case, so it had to come with me.

Now looking for a mainspring from an HW30 for a powerplant conversion to tame a bit of that recoil/torque from the firing cycle.

https://postimg.cc/06k9fgRh
    That's a nice set and the case is rare, so the Predom would have been my choice too.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Melbourne

It was my G79,
    I had a good day sold theoben grand pre, predom, theoben E type, relum tornado, gat gun two scopes.
    Picked up a nice venom diana 48, two pistols luger beratta, BSA light pattern and some old pellet tins.
    Cart wait for the next one.
    [url]www.rivington-riflemen.eu

I have a friend who would like a 79G, but is a bit short on the cash front at the moment, sent him a picture to try and tempt him, but he wouldn't bite.
    Shame really, I would have had to 'look after it' until we could meet up.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    I got back earlier, sadly I did not see anything to my liking but a non blow back Umerex 1911 and a gorgeous Gamo stutzen nearly got me reaching for my card. £ 140 and 300 respectively.
    The roads were as clear as a bell and there were a couple of parking spaces opposite.
    I hoped to see some vintage shooting magazines but saw none.

Wow!

I sold an immaculate Gamo Stutzen at the fayre, I had it on for £190, The lad on the next stall said he would like to buy it for his brother and could I reduce it any so I knocked £20 off, I later saw that he'd put it on his stall so i'll bet he didn't even have a brother!!

It wasn't there by the time we went!!

Same thing happened only opposite when I bought an Air Arms SE90, It was under the table, Price tag said around £140 (Memory not too good!), I asked the stall holder, An elderlt gent with a souther accent if I could have a look at it, He ripped the tag off and said £190!!

I had to buy it anyhow!!
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Wow!

I sold an immaculate Gamo Stutzen at the fayre, I had it on for £190, The lad on the next stall said he would like to buy it for his brother and could I reduce it any so I knocked £20 off, I later saw that he'd put it on his stall so i'll bet he didn't even have a brother!!

It wasn't there by the time we went!!

Same thing happened only opposite when I bought an Air Arms SE90, It was under the table, Price tag said around £140 (Memory not too good!), I asked the stall holder, An elderlt gent with a souther accent if I could have a look at it, He ripped the tag off and said £190!!

I had to buy it anyhow!!
    Doh Doh Doh Doh The bloke with the £300 one told me another was going for 500 Argghh
    Yours Distraught of Eastwood.
    Why is there not an emogee for crying your eyes out

Pics from the last fayre here, courtesy of Chris:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....022/#post-8187
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Melbourne is my favourite 'go to' fair