Thread: Airsporter MK 1 and Cadet Major valuation

Airsporter MK 1 and Cadet Major valuation

Hi

I have a couple of guns I would like an idea of value on.

BSA Airsporter MK1 .22 serial number G prefix in good condition with BSA carving on the stock.

BSA Cadet Major .22 serial number prefix CC also in pretty good condition.

Cheers

The Cadet Major is .177, sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by jotaman; 21-02-2023 at 09:23 PM. Reason: confirmation of specification
    Lead us not into temptation. Just tell us where it is; we'll find it.

I think 9 times out of 10 the guys will ask for photo's to offer guides on value.
    In good condition the airsporter Mk 1 would be plus/minus the region of £230 and seen at a dealer/gun shop for £295
    The correct early foresight hood that is often missing is key to desirability and no doubt value too.

Cadet Majors are odd, I've seen (bought) good at £75 and yet have seen up to £200 being asked, asked mind not necessarily achieved.
    CC is a later one and is a .177 serial as all Cadet Majors are so are you sure of the calibre?
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

CC is the prefix for .177" Cadet Major produced between 1955 and 1962, Pretty sure they were only made in .1772 as with the Cadets, Some shop had a .22" barrel in which they swore was a factory barrel but folk reckoned it was a bored out No1 bore!!, I think they were asking around a grand for it!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    CC is the prefix for .177" Cadet Major produced between 1955 and 1962, Pretty sure they were only made in .1772 as with the Cadets, Some shop had a .22" barrel in which they swore was a factory barrel but folk reckoned it was a bored out No1 bore!!, I think they were asking around a grand for it!!

John
    Yes - BSA Cadet and Cadet Majors were only ever advertised as having .177 rifled barrels so a .22 cal variant would be suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    Yes - BSA Cadet and Cadet Majors were only ever advertised as having .177 rifled barrels so a .22 cal variant would be suspect.
    And .177 smooth bore was available.
    Last edited by jjjjjj; 21-02-2023 at 09:18 PM.