Quote Originally Posted by oggisports View Post
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and am very impressed with the knowledge on here. I'm recently back to shooting but with a Weihrauch HW75 pistol benched at 10m until I iron a few things out.
Top of this list is dealing with open sights and a short sighted varifocal prescription + astigmatism. First time out at the range I'm surprised I hit the target at all let alone anywhere near the centre.
On my next visit I opted for my contact lenses which are set for longer distances and driving etc but generally requiring 1.5 readers at close quarters. There was a good deal of accuracy improvement however I'm still convinced that the sight picture could be a lot better.
If I am understanding RobinC's post correctly would a set of +0.75 readers bring things together more effectively and comfortably for me ?
Thank you,
Liam
If you have astigmatism, then the off the shelf readers will not do the job correctly. Just use the off the shelf frames and get a lens fitted by Reglaze (see posts above) made to your astigmatism and distance prescription +.75 . Better to only look through one lens, rather than a contact lens and a shooting lens. Go to the club wearing your varifocals and change specs for shooting.