Thread: Elevation screw for Original Mod 50 rear sight

Elevation screw for Original Mod 50 rear sight

Hi folks,
    I need one of these as in the title as the threads on the lower part of the screw have worn, I have tried John Knibbs who does list them but after waiting months using their "notify me" service, I called this morning & was told it was unlikely they would be getting any more ,I've tried all the spares sellers on the internet to no avail, anyone got any ideas please?
    Thanks,
    Elwellaxe.

Mod50 screw

Thanks for the prompt reply ,officially it is 5.9mm but I measured it at 6mm.
    Thanks,
    Elwellaxe.

...And if I can intrude into this thread, I am looking for an elevation screw for an Original 45 - just in case anyone has one of these!

Rgds
    A.

Apologies I can't find the adjustment screw.
    Hw77+7

Have a look here. I can recommend Waffencenter Gotha if they have the parts.

https://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/sh...8_265_317.html

Original mod 50

Thanks HW777, it will turn up when your looking for something else.
    Thanks also to Steve, that looks promising, unfortunately they are closed until 23rd March but I will certainly follow it up.
    Elwellaxe.

Is the one you're after the round finger wheel with numbers on the top and detents on the back? Black plastic about 18mm in diameter?

I'm embarrassed

Long story, are you sitting comfortably?
    Firstly this is not my rifle (unfortunately) it belongs someone who was very good to my late brother in law, he knew I was a shooter so he asked me if I could help with his rifle, someone had borrowed it & messed with the internals with a view to increase the power, apparently he gave up on that but couldn't get the trigger to work correctly & some times the gun wouldn't cock. I agreed to have a look, I looked on the net & found out the triggers on these were notoriously difficult to refit in the gun so I decided not to mess. I have an R.F.D .friend who had one of these rifles years ago who offered to have a look, he had worked on his in the past & low & behold gave it back to as smooth as silk & a great trigger. The owner of the gun lives quite a distance from me & we agreed we would get together later on in the year, in the meantime I was welcome to use it one day after a session on the range I noticed the aforementioned screw was loosely sitting on top of the sight, lucky I spotted it, tried to screw it back in but it wouldn't start in. "There's a clue here" that's when the search for a replacement started anyway I am rambling on so yesterday I had a reply from Steve Medlock with a link to a company in Germany with loads of parts so I looked on it & they have the screws listed ,this is the interesting bit, On The diagram of the sight it points out that the screw is right handed thread & in brackets ( older models!) this rifle was made in 1976 so it is not an older model, put the screw in, turned it anti clockwise & in it went My only excuse is old age. now I have to give it back very reluctantly.
    Once again thanks to all who replied.
    Elwellaxe.
    P.S.
    Bloornok the wheel is made of steel but otherwise sounds identical.

Yup they've got a LH thread. Glad you got sorted.