Thread: Antiques on/off ticket.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I put a martini henry on fac then took it off at next renewal. Sold it with no problem.

You can transfer an antique muzzleloader onto your gun license. If it is smoothbore it goes on the SGC, if it is rifled it goes on the FAC.
    Put it on the respective certificate and inform the police. Send them a copy of the details the gun (they may want to know its provenance), and send them a photostat copy of your license where it has been put on.
    Put "from my collection" where it would normally be filled in by a dealer if you bought a certificated gun.

When (if) you decide not to use it anymore it can revert back to Section 52 as antique/curio.
    Do the same and inform the police of what you have done and show it cancelled on the certificate.

Some police forces will tell you that once a gun (antique) is put on a license it cannot revert back to antique status. This is not true.
    It does not state this anywhere in he firearms act.

If you put an obsolete calibre antique on to your FAC, does it need to be in a locked cabinet?

I brought a M43 1871 mauser some years ago put it on my firearm cert shot it for few a
    years then took it off and sold it (much to my later regret ?) with no problem.

I was led to believe that you could not now write on your own licence regarding antiques going on or off.
    Best to ask your own licencing department, as there is some variation between forces

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    I was led to believe that you could not now write on your own licence regarding antiques going on or off.
    Best to ask your own licencing department, as there is some variation between forces
    Who would do it if you don't?

I have put two on my FAC without any problem.
    I shoot blackpowder with a number of other people and we all do it.
    It is important to stay withing he confines of the law.
    So long as you follow the correct procedure and inform the police, when you put one on or take one off, there is not a problem.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    It will be interesting to see what happens when the inevitable new laws following the keynam enquiry come about.
    I have two antique muzzleloading rifles that i would love to bring back into use one day but much depends on the next year or so!
    I have put antique shotguns on & off ticket before & it wasnt an issue at all. This was with Essex police, Other forces may take a harder line!

Quote Originally Posted by Otley View Post
    If you put an obsolete calibre antique on to your FAC, does it need to be in a locked cabinet?
    Yes. It comes under the same rules as all firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Otley View Post
    Yes because it’s fac registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyersden View Post
    Yes because it’s fac registered.
    And all of a sudden it's on the Police Data Base...

Quote Originally Posted by BaskervilleDog View Post
    And all of a sudden it's on the Police Data Base...
    That’s the one. One quick change in the law and you’ve lost it.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    All it takes is one quick change in the law & you have lost a section 58 anyway, Seven cartridges that previously were regarded as section 58 obsolete calibres were recently removed from that list, there was a six month transition period after which pistols chambering them they moved from sect 58 to section 5 or 7(1)
    They could be retained on an fac if old enough.
    I wonder how many pistols of those calibres simply "disapeared" in that transition period?.
    I wouldnt worry about it, if you have a section 58 rifle or shotgun you want to shoot & have a slot for it on your ticket go ahead.