Thread: Is it a Venom?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Don't forget some of these rifles are coming on for 38 years old so some parts would / have been replaced over time. Not all mine have their paperwork but I know their history and that they are genuine. Being friends with the team from 1983 help me gain some knowledge. Mach 1.5
    Mach 1.5, Having shoot more than a few Venom/V mach tuned rifles over the years, I doubt a stated but non tuned Venom/V Mach rifle would pass your test

Atb

HW777
    Hw77+7

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I sort of had this dilemma the other year when I bought that Venom BSF Bavaria, it had the Venom stock and silencer and was obviously tuned but it was old and didn’t shoot overly well in my eyes, at the time it was the question of do I open it up and refresh the innards, which could have caused problems with collectors, it was swapped in the end for a lovely Longbow.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

The HW77 I’m looking at has the original 80s stock (which I love), blued transfer sleeve, set back trigger, top end blueing, brass safety, correct period scope etc. etc. I’ve followed these rifles since the mid 80s and this looks the nuts to my eye. Claimed Venom tuned….tbh it looks good and triggers the nostalgia enough that maybe it doesn’t matter (subject, as ever, to price!).

Takes me right back to being a young lad reading and re-reading Airgunner, making mix tapes off the ‘Top 40 show’, tinkering with my BSA Mercury and wondering what I had to do in life to buy a Venom 80/77 like the poster on my bedroom wall. John Darling syndrome……never leaves you.