Thread: Theoben Evolution.177

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35

Theoben Evolution.177

Hi all,

Are Theoben Evolutions with walnut stock in .177 any good, and is £345 secondhand a good price or not for one, it's for sale in Target sports in Bolton.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Cheers

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 21-11-2005 at 08:43 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands
    Hi all,

Are Theoben Evolutions in .177 any good, and is £345 secondhand a good price or not for one.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Cheers

Pete
    Right handed walnut stocked one brand new will cost you about £400 dead so I reckon that asking price is a bit much. Depends how old it is and if there are any add on's with it?
    Cant comment on the rifle itself personally. Swapped mine (which I won in a raffle) without ever using it.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

Ideot Savant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kes
    Right handed walnut stocked one brand new will cost you about £400 dead so I reckon that asking price is a bit much. Depends how old it is and if there are any add on's with it?
    Cant comment on the rifle itself personally. Swapped mine (which I won in a raffle) without ever using it.
    Shame you never tried it, the ultra sharp recoil takes some getting used to but worth the effort. Fantastic build and finish, last a life time.
    When I've let other peops use my fenman it is quite funny how they cant seem to hit a thing? PCP's spoil yer although having said that I now own one. Not selling the gas ram tho.
    I agree the price is a little high unless its a mint walnut model with extras or the thumbhole version.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands
    Are Theoben Evolutions in .177 any good, and is £345 secondhand a good price or not for one.
    Very nice guns, but that price seems a little steep if it is the beech stocked version - it is around £350 new, without scope and mounts.The walnut version is around £60 more.Obviously if it has a good scope on it, or is the walnut one,and is in perfect condition, it may well be worth £345.
    Without more details, no-one can give a true valuation.
    Alan.

Dunno what was the matter with his, but my .177 Evo was excellent straight from the box, lovely walnut (RH) and super trigger, accuracy was great and no noticeable "recoil"

Nothing wrong with the chequering either

In fact I sold it to a bloke on here who still uses it, many thousands of shots and no problems

baz

Overpriced in my opinion. A new one doesn't cost much more.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Evo Prices

I had one that was handpicked by Baz from the factory, a beautiful walnut stock, stainless trigger and guard and stunning accuracy.

I manage to prise it away from Baz and only sold it because I shoot l/h and couldn't find a really tasty ambi stock.

I sold it on here for £345, and it was snapped up, expensive. I don't think so as it looked great and shot superbly, they are not all the same, and I would happily pay a little bit more for a known quantity that looked good.

Regards

Ben