Thread: Help needed with collection from Horner's auction

Help needed with collection from Horner's auction

Yesterday I managed to secure a lot at "GUNS AT NOON" auction at Horners being the highest bidder, luckily it was done with just one bid using the online bidding form.

A few years ago I was in the same boat with southams auction & a very kind member named "Rair rifles" aka Craig went above & beyond to help me with the purchase & collected it for me as I was too far away myself to pick up, he was close to the auction house & was also collecting a few items himself "Big thanks again to Craig if you're reading"

Does anyone have experience purchasing from Horner's, how long do they give you to make payment & collect, can you have items collected by someone else?

I was hoping someone here lives local to Norwich who could possibly pick up & post for me? Obviously I will treat the person who is willing to help out

Long shot I know but worth a try

Kind regards

Lee
    Last edited by Lee5159; 16-04-2023 at 07:06 PM.

their terms state (TO BE COLLECTED IN PERSON ONLY - NO POSTAGE - NO RELEASE TO COURIER).
    You should ring Horners Auction.to see if someone can collect for You.

Quote Originally Posted by pigsy View Post
    their terms state (TO BE COLLECTED IN PERSON ONLY - NO POSTAGE - NO RELEASE TO COURIER).
    You should ring Horners Auction.to see if someone can collect for You.
    Cheers Pigsy yes I noticed they will not post unfortunately I'm just unsure if it's possible for someone to collect on my behalf

I guess I'm just gonna have to call them tomorrow to find out, if not looks like its gonna be a long road trip

Good news!

I spoke to Kirsty at Horner's earlier today & she is happy for me to allow someone to collect on my behalf

She mentioned "In order for a friend to collect on your behalf we kindly ask that you email us your photo ID.

We would also need the full details of the friend collecting and they must also present some photo ID when collecting.

Without this we will not release the item.

Please also note that the item will not be wrapped or packaged in any way"

Really pleased with the outcome of conversation today & with thanks to basa who is willing to collect for me I don't think I could've done it myself having to do a 8hr round trip

Regards

Lee