Thread: LJ bsa stock plate removal ?.

LJ bsa stock plate removal ?.

Hello gents
    I am attempting to remove the wooden cover on the rear of my stock,to tighten up the fixing bolt.
    I’ve removed the two screws but I’m worried I’ll damage the cover(it doesn’t want to move)any ideas chaps?.
    Any advise would be much appreciated.
    Regards
    Les..

There should be a sprung steel pressure plate underneath which once the screws are removed allow the plug to protrude enough to lift it out. If it hasn't moved the only realistic way of getting it out with minimal damage is to screw in slightly larger diameter screws and lift them both by hand making sure the pressure is even on both. Be very careful c100 yr old walnut is brittle.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple View Post
    There should be a sprung steel pressure plate underneath which once the screws are removed allow the plug to protrude enough to lift it out. If it hasn't moved the only realistic way of getting it out with minimal damage is to screw in slightly larger diameter screws and lift them both by hand making sure the pressure is even on both. Be very careful c100 yr old walnut is brittle.
    Hi Maple
    Thanks for the advice 👍.
    I’ve managed to remove the cover,but there was no sprung steel pressure plate fitted.
    It only needed a small nip up and no movement in the stock 😉.
    Atb
    Les..