Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slinger69 AKA Gwyn Jenkins

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight

Slinger69 AKA Gwyn Jenkins

It is with a heavy heart that I have been asked by his wife Angela to let you all know that he died at 7 a.m. this morning.

Gwyn was in hospital at the time, due to various issues which I can relay to anyone who would like to know.

Gwyn was a legend of the bash and a great friend to many members on here.

Tonight I shall raise a glass of port to a much missed friend and those of you who know him well, will know exactly how I'll toast him.

I'm sure many of you have some fantastic memories of Gwyn, feel free to share, for his was genuinely a life to be celebrated.

RIP Gwyn.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Ah no, I’m saddened. The loss of a true gentleman and a real character for sure. He was also a friend who I first met at The Boinger Bash and spent numerous memorable occasions with him outside of that. My thoughts go to Angela and family for their loss.
    I too will raise a glass to Gwyn tonight in a fashion he would definitely approve of.
    R.I.P Gwyn.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Oh my god. Such sad news. Gwyn was a friend, true gentlemen and a legend.

My most sincere condolences to his family.

Rest in peace my friend.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Ah shit! It was his birthday last week or the week before and I tried to ring him. I guessed he was out and never got around to trying again. I had been hoping to pop in later this month

I’ll raise a glass or three in his honour

What a shame a true legend and an utter man of his time, condolences to his family.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    A sad loss to his family and members of “The Bash”, a lovely chap and as has been said, a true gentleman. Fond memories of him of having a coffee “elevenses” with him one morning while he finished the previous evenings red, classic.

RIP Gwyn, friend.

Melv
    Chippendale. (with clothes on)
    Last edited by Chippendale; 02-05-2023 at 03:06 PM.

I only met Gwyn once at a Boinger Bash and recall sitting round a fire with Gav ( Bluefan), Pat and Graham ( Valeboy ) all singing our hearts out or trying to sing and having a thoroughly good time last thing at night. A sad loss for his family and may he rest in peace.

As a veteran of a few bashes, I'd had the pleasure of Gwyn's company on many memorable weekends. Always good company and creator of a few of the bash fables to boot. I'll raise a glass in your memory tonight Gwyn.

My sincerest condolences to his wife and family

So sad to hear of Gwynn passing. He was a wonderful and unique character. A warm, witty and intelligent gent who lived life to its fullest. He will be sadly missed.

Rip. Another of our bretheren lost. Condolences to his family at this very sad time.

Very sad news, especially so close to the Springer Bash.

Gwyn was a very nice bloke, always smiling and always had a nice word to say.

Condolences to his family.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    A great man who taught me some important lessons about people, life and, most importantly, Jazz.

Sad, sad news indeed, he will be dearly missed. He was one of the first members I met when I attended my very first bash, all those years ago.

A true gent, a one off and character for sure.

R.I.P. My friend

Cheers Gwyn, glad our paths crossed.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Right, where to start ?

Within ten seconds of meeting Gwyn I realised what a thoroughly decent oldschool chap he was.
    Being a late comer to shooting he told me how he'd recently attended an AGF meeting at Jim's place and how he'd enjoyed the experience --- having forgotten to pack his false teeth the AGF lads had even offered to chew his food up for him.
    Gwyn became a regular fixture here at the Boinger Bash, I once posted how I was struggling to get firewood for an upcoming Boinger Bash, a couple of days later Gwyn and Angala showed up with a tree they'd chopped down in their garden.
    On another occasion I'd posted how I was having wifi problems and was struggling to get on the BBS, the next day Gwyn showed up on my doorstep to see if he could help --- in all honesty he was as bloody useless as I was, but we enjoyed being useless together.

My sincerest condolences to Angela and family and to all who were his friends.

My one regret right now is that I didn't keep in touch more regularly with Gwyn, but I will always have fond memories of him.

RIP Gwyn

Mick and Shirl

Sorry to hear this. I didn't know Gwyn, but reading all the comments, I wish I had. He sounds like a great bloke.

Condolences to his family & friends.

Rest in Peace Gwyn.
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404