Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Slinger69 AKA Gwyn Jenkins

Thank you, Dave.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thank you, Dave. I couldn't swing the workload to attend, sadly - but did raise a glass to Gwyn.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Thank you, Dave. I couldn't swing the workload to attend, sadly - but did raise a glass to Gwyn.
    Same here mate, going to miss him. Recall many times when it was just a few of us left round the campfire at the bash in the early hours of the morning putting the world to rights. Gwynn would regularly burst into spontaneous poetry or song keeping the rest of us entertained always with his trademark twinkle in his eye. He was one of the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Same here mate, going to miss him. Recall many times when it was just a few of us left round the campfire at the bash in the early hours of the morning putting the world to rights. Gwynn would regularly burst into spontaneous poetry or song keeping the rest of us entertained always with his trademark twinkle in his eye. He was one of the good guys.
    Absolutely, mate - he had some tremendous stories and a certain skill in telling them.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Popped a couple of bob in the tin at Aberdovey life boat station today and had a Guinness in the pub staring out at the bay seemed fitting as I couldn’t get to the service.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I am currently on the lookout for a silver goblet so I can raise an appropriate toast at the next bash.

I will never forget him falling asleep in his chair around the campfire one night (an unusual event in itself as even in his early eighties Gwynn could keep up with the best of us when it came to late night drinking)he woke up at some point in the early hours looked around at the rest of us still partying and howled like a wolf, said something along the lines of “right on man” retrieved his trademark silver goblet and rejoined the party. If carlsberg made octogenarians they could only wish they were half as awesome as Gwynn 😎😎😎

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I am currently on the lookout for a silver goblet so I can raise an appropriate toast at the next bash.
    Nice one mate, sounds very fitting 👍😎

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Popped a couple of bob in the tin at Aberdovey life boat station today and had a Guinness in the pub staring out at the bay seemed fitting as I couldn’t get to the service.
    Sounds very tranquil mate. Look forward to seeing you again and we can raise a pint together in his memory 🍻🍻🍻

I will never forget him falling asleep in his chair around the campfire one night (an unusual event in itself as even in his early eighties Gwynn could keep up with the best of us when it came to late night drinking)he woke up at some point in the early hours looked around at the rest of us still partying and howled like a wolf, said something along the lines of “right on man” retrieved his trademark silver goblet and rejoined the party. If carlsberg made octogenarians they could only wish they were half as awesome as Gwynn 😎😎😎
    What a lovely little story there, Chris. Although not present, I can picture that scene so very clearly. Gwyn was a legend and his spirit will live with us forever.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Sounds very tranquil mate. Look forward to seeing you again and we can raise a pint together in his memory 🍻🍻🍻
    Yes that’s a good plan and I’m sorry I didn’t catch you on my all too brief stay at Neil’s. Internet is patchy at best where we were staying so only saw the RNLI donation and read that Gwyn had Welsh ancestry so as I walked past a lifeboat station every day to go on the beach thought it was about as good as I could do not being able to get to the service. He did always have a quote for nearly every occasion no doubt aided by how much the listener had consumed.