Thread: Slinger69 AKA Gwyn Jenkins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    A sad loss to his family and members of “The Bash”, a lovely chap and as has been said, a true gentleman. Fond memories of him of having a coffee “elevenses” with him one morning while he finished the previous evenings red, classic.

RIP Gwyn, friend.

Melv
    Chippendale. (with clothes on)
    Last edited by Chippendale; 02-05-2023 at 03:06 PM.

As a veteran of a few bashes, I'd had the pleasure of Gwyn's company on many memorable weekends. Always good company and creator of a few of the bash fables to boot. I'll raise a glass in your memory tonight Gwyn.

My sincerest condolences to his wife and family

So sad to hear of Gwynn passing. He was a wonderful and unique character. A warm, witty and intelligent gent who lived life to its fullest. He will be sadly missed.

Rip. Another of our bretheren lost. Condolences to his family at this very sad time.

Very sad news, especially so close to the Springer Bash.

Gwyn was a very nice bloke, always smiling and always had a nice word to say.

Condolences to his family.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    A great man who taught me some important lessons about people, life and, most importantly, Jazz.

Sad, sad news indeed, he will be dearly missed. He was one of the first members I met when I attended my very first bash, all those years ago.

A true gent, a one off and character for sure.

R.I.P. My friend

Cheers Gwyn, glad our paths crossed.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

My condolences to gwyn’s wife and family.
    A proper gentleman and will be missed by all that new him.
    RIP Gwyn..
    Atb
    Les..

Right, where to start ?

Within ten seconds of meeting Gwyn I realised what a thoroughly decent oldschool chap he was.
    Being a late comer to shooting he told me how he'd recently attended an AGF meeting at Jim's place and how he'd enjoyed the experience --- having forgotten to pack his false teeth the AGF lads had even offered to chew his food up for him.
    Gwyn became a regular fixture here at the Boinger Bash, I once posted how I was struggling to get firewood for an upcoming Boinger Bash, a couple of days later Gwyn and Angala showed up with a tree they'd chopped down in their garden.
    On another occasion I'd posted how I was having wifi problems and was struggling to get on the BBS, the next day Gwyn showed up on my doorstep to see if he could help --- in all honesty he was as bloody useless as I was, but we enjoyed being useless together.

My sincerest condolences to Angela and family and to all who were his friends.

My one regret right now is that I didn't keep in touch more regularly with Gwyn, but I will always have fond memories of him.

RIP Gwyn

Mick and Shirl

Sorry to hear this. I didn't know Gwyn, but reading all the comments, I wish I had. He sounds like a great bloke.

Condolences to his family & friends.

Rest in Peace Gwyn.
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

It always saddens me to read these threads, while I personally didn't know him it is clear he was decent chap and will be missed by many
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177