Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What got you into airguns ?

BSA Supersport for Christmas 1992, still got it in the cabinet, think it's those early memories that keep me coming back, have Shotguns and FAC rifles, but get far more pleasure plinking with an air rifle.

Here in the US kids could buy a daisy "pop gun" which was a daisy rifle with no barrel in the barrel tube. The standard use was to poke it in the ground with a plug of dirt and shoot it about 15'. I got one of these as a 7-8 year old and when I was 10 traded something to a friend for a Daisy mod 25, a real bb gun. That was over 50 yrs ago and still shooting airguns as well as firearms.

Shot as a kid in the early sixties, Diana,s, Gat pistol, remember buying a BB pistol or pellet, the BBs would just dribble out the barrel. 14 first shotgun single barreled 16 g, then a s/s 12g hammer gun given to me by an old farmer for clearing rabbits. Women intervened until I was 59 back on the air rifles in a big way 24 Weihrauchs at one time, then got back into shotguns in my late 60,s .more shotguns then firearms and reloading and all down to liking the westerns as a kid in the cinema from an early age on a Saturday morning: so blame Roy Rodgers and trigger.
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

I got my first gun which was a Gat Gun back in 1984 when i was 14 and then after a few years and over the next few years I had a HW70, HW45, AA S100, Theoben Cuntryman Carbine then a AA Shamal. Gave up around 2000 and started shooting again last year with my youngest son and now we have a Daystate Revere and AA S400 Carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by davymole View Post
    ...and all down to liking the westerns as a kid in the cinema from an early age on a Saturday morning: so blame Roy Rodgers and trigger.
    Was your garden big enough for the horse ?

When I was a young kid, I had a passionate hatred for football (still do) and the school I attended from the age of 8 had shooting as the obligatory alternative for all us "weedy boys" who didn't want to play the stupid game. . Yes, it was a posh school.

We shot .22 cartridge rifles. . Our teacher had been an Army sniper during WW2, and he really knew his stuff.
    We were taught how to handle the firearms correctly, and also how to shoot them accurately. He was an inspiration to us.

Because of being taught properly at school, it took me about 30 seconds to persuade my parents to let me have an air rifle at home.
    That was over 60 years ago. . . It has been downhill ever since... lol.
    Last edited by Wing Commander; 23-05-2023 at 11:01 AM.

A school friend loaned me a shed load of airgun magazines from the 80's and 90's and I was hooked.

Never had the chance to take it up until recently at the age of 42.

Just saving up to buy my first airgun - hopefully a HW97 Blackline.

Rich