Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Longbow walnut stock

Webley Longbow walnut stock

Could someone mail me or post pictures of the walnut stock currently available as an option for the Webley Longbow?

Thanks

So the stock on the venom sidewinder is identical to the walnut factory stock of the webley longbow?

Thanks

birdman Guest

Webley Longbow 0.177 in Walnut

Thanks Birdman. Looks very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by mylof1tz
    So the stock on the venom sidewinder is identical to the walnut factory stock of the webley longbow?

Thanks
    Only in shape, the Venom version has better grain and chequering: Longbow (admittedly a dull photo) and Sidewinder Compact.

Jonathan

Longbow

Fancying a longbow in walnut but what is a compact sidewinder? I looked on Webley's website but they appear to be still waiting to discuss whether IT and computers has any future/benefits! Informative to say the least. Do Venom offer versions of these guns, I like the carbine and stock shape? Thanks. Yes I will fill in my profile over the next few days!

TX200HC Walnut
    Raider 2 Walnut
    BSA Lightning XL

Roger645 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spondoodles
    Fancying a longbow in walnut but what is a compact sidewinder? I looked on Webley's website but they appear to be still waiting to discuss whether IT and computers has any future/benefits! Informative to say the least. Do Venom offer versions of these guns, I like the carbine and stock shape? Thanks. Yes I will fill in my profile over the next few days!

TX200HC Walnut
    Raider 2 Walnut
    BSA Lightning XL
    The sidewinder compact is a Longbow, with shrouded barrel, hand picked walnut stock and tuned internals.

HTH

Roger (who has one)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger645
    The sidewinder compact is a Longbow, with shrouded barrel, hand picked walnut stock and tuned internals.

Roger (who has one)
    My Sidewangler doesn't have a shrouded barrel because the original owner wanted the standard one as it's lighter. We then both stuck a Logun silencer on the end.... I might talk to Venom about getting the shrouded barrel retro-fitted.

Jonathan

Here you go m8 take a look at my pics here
    http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...68&uid=3861303
    hope this helps

Roger645 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot
    My Sidewangler doesn't have a shrouded barrel because the original owner wanted the standard one as it's lighter. We then both stuck a Logun silencer on the end.... I might talk to Venom about getting the shrouded barrel retro-fitted.

Jonathan
    So yours has the standard longbow barrel? Is there that much difference in weight between the two, Mine doesn't feel that nose heavy.

Roger

I really don't know if there's much difference in weight as I've never handled a standard Sidewinder.

Jonathan

Thanks for the photos chaps. Has anyone done anything to improve the factory finish of their stock? Not planning anything severe just thinking of giving the stock a couple of coats of colron antique or danish oil followed by a few coats of finishing wax. Any advice?

Myles

I use CCL gunstock conditioning oil

my tomahawk walnut stock looks better than the stocks shown in this thread(no offence meant).

my t/hawk stock has a ''tiger striping'' thanks to a good walnut oiling,pity i havent got the means to host the pics for you.

I use Trade Secret Rapid Oil because someone gave me a pot of it. Otherwise I'd probably use Nickerson's Walnut Oil.

Jonathan