Thread: recommend me an accurate pellet firing blockback...

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

recommend me an accurate pellet firing blockback...

.. I am a bit fussy about accuracy, and reasonable triggers
    .. and I want a blowback as a like the feel.

Tricky combination ? Feels like it...

Right now two pistols I have fit the bill: a drulov and a crosman 600, and both are awesome, but both are rather vintage, so I don't want to wear them out !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Smile

Hey Jon
    Interesting point I don't think either of those are blow back in terms of cocking the slide , just semi auto as they recock the trigger . Having had a drulov it picks up the pellet in the mag I have seen a crosman 600 shot but can't remember the action but think not blow back. I guess you are looking for a semi auto some thing ..blow back or not?
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

yeah, you are right, they are not really blowback, but they are accurate, good triggers, and "semi"..

Hence the missing blowback in the collection conundrum. I had a beratta thing (propper blowback) for a while, and whilst it felt nice, accuracy was quite poor.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Problem with blowback pellet is that the trigger has to index the magazine which in some instances ruins the feel. I have an Sig Sauer X5 which has the potential to be a great gun but the graunching of the trigger when it drags that belt around feels really awful. I say it has potential because I have the KWC version (which they call a 226 rather than an X5), blowback, adjustable sights but BB, which was one third of the cost of the Sig Sauer pellet version but I find it more accurate. The other point with the pellet versions is the lack of the slide lock on empty.
    I haven’t tried a rotary magazine blow back, I assume the trigger feel is better than the belt ones. Of course for a pistol the rotary mag is more realistic in terms of shot count. The BB and belt mags are more like Hollywood action movie guns that never seem to need reloading!
    Eric

Accuracy and blowback don't sit together very well Jon. If you want blowback, you will have to compromise quite a bit.

What would be your accuracy standard and at what range please?

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Accuracy and blowback don't sit together very well Jon. If you want blowback, you will have to compromise quite a bit.

What would be your accuracy standard and at what range please?
    good question.. an inch at 10 yards feels just about good enough. which would mean in my hands it'd group 2-3" at that same range !

PS I owe you that list !

As mentioned, sig x5, the p320, p230 are pellet and blow back, also the new umarex Walther Q5 but that's pricey

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    good question.. an inch at 10 yards feels just about good enough. which would mean in my hands it'd group 2-3" at that same range !

PS I owe you that list !

Don't think you are going to achieve that standard with your quest for a blowback action. I'm not really au fait with them and only have 2 which I haven' t really tried to master . To me, both are just plinkers
    Possibly a better place to ask this question would be on another forum more dedicated to that type of gun . I always Ignore the kids on the Underage Boys Club one but there is a Replica one that may produce an answer. If you don't want to join, possibly someone on here could ask the question for you. I know that one of the pistol entheusiasts on here is a mod on the latter forum

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Don't think you are going to achieve that standard with your quest for a blowback action. I'm not really au fait with them and only have 2 which I haven' t really tried to master . To me, both are just plinkers
    Possibly a better place to ask this question would be on another forum more dedicated to that type of gun . I always Ignore the kids on the Underage Boys Club one but there is a Replica one that may produce an answer. If you don't want to join, possibly someone on here could ask the question for you. I know that one of the pistol enthusiasts on here is a mod on the latter forum
    There is a "Shooting Gallery" section to demonstrate/commiserate on the accuracy of replica airguns and the associated lump of meat on the grip. One of the guys shot a group with a Glock Dual-Ammo on a ten metre target from six yards using a laser, all but one of the eight rounds was completely in the nine ring, and most of those were grouped around the ten ring. This was off-hand in a Weaver stance.

I wish I was as accurate with mine!

Gratuitous plug: https://co2-handguns.freeforums.net/
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

thanks chaps, having a looksee

got a glock 17 dual ammo on it's way to me

Tau BRNO 7 co2 target pistol Junior model in original case with bulk fill adapters etc, original paperwork £250

Just popped onto sales board it's what the target boys used for pistol rapid fire at the club
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    If you want a 'real steel' lookalike - you're going to be disappointed with all the triggers as none of them bring the next round into battery - it's all done with the trigger pull and why none of them are much cop.

But if you want a proper semi-auto that can take the hard...Try an Aeron B96.

Quote Originally Posted by scgevans View Post
    Tau BRNO 7 co2 target pistol Junior model in original case with bulk fill adapters etc, original paperwork £250

Just popped onto sales board it's what the target boys used for pistol rapid fire at the club
    Nice for sure, but it's pretty similar to the drulov functionally... and Junior is a bit small for me
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 12-06-2023 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    If you want a 'real steel' lookalike - you're going to be disappointed with all the triggers as none of them bring the next round into battery - it's all done with the trigger pull and why none of them are much cop.

But if you want a proper semi-auto that can take the hard...Try an Aeron B96.
    yup, I get that... the Aeron is also quite Drulov-esque

I think the Glock dual ammo will scratch this particular itch, and the Drulov and 600 will continue to be great fun too
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 12-06-2023 at 08:09 PM.