Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: webley oil can

Quote Originally Posted by Evostu View Post
    Tim dyson had a boxed webley senior for sale with a full glass webley oil bottle with it a couple of months ago

Here is a link is to the Webley Senior mentioned above.

https://timdysonairguns.co.uk/produc...ol-sn-pw-3113/

Brian

Some years ago I bought a collection of mainly Webley items from the now defunct Cullens gun shop of lee On Solent, amongst which was a glass Webley oil bottle, the first publicly known about, along with a Webley flyer from 1946 announcing the introduction of these temporary glass oil bottles.
    This one had a cork stopper, as did some of those subsequently discovered, but then several screw top bottles appeared, such as the one in Tim Dyson's boxed Senior.
    I don't know how many of theses glass oil bottles have now come to light, but I would guess it's now just in double figures, but they are still an extremely scarce item, along with the earlier Webley Valvespout oil can.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Some years ago I bought a collection of mainly Webley items from the now defunct Cullens gun shop of lee On Solent, amongst which was a glass Webley oil bottle, the first publicly known about, along with a Webley flyer from 1946 announcing the introduction of these temporary glass oil bottles.
    This one had a cork stopper, as did some of those subsequently discovered, but then several screw top bottles appeared, such as the one in Tim Dyson's boxed Senior.
    I don't know how many of theses glass oil bottles have now come to light, but I would guess it's now just in double figures, but they are still an extremely scarce item, along with the earlier Webley Valvespout oil can.
    Hello David,

Have you ever seen or heard of a surviving example of the very earliest Webley oil can?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello David,

Have you ever seen or heard of a surviving example of the very earliest Webley oil can?

Brian
    Hi Brian,

I have only heard about one example from a usually reliable source, but have never seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Hi Brian,

I have only heard about one example from a usually reliable source, but have never seen it.
    Thanks for that.

Brian