Thread: Lov 21

Lov 21

Would like your thoughts on this.
    I have a Lov 21 pistol, had it for a few weeks and it shoots good. The only problem is that at 10mtrs its POI is still low by about 2 inches. I adjusted the rear sight up as far as it can go without the screw coming out so out of any more adjustment there. So I’m now thinking that my only option is to file down the front sight. What’s your thoughts please?

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Welcome to the forum!

Can you test the power? Can you have a gun shop test it for you?

If you file the front sight it is unlikely to be possible to unfile it

The designer of the gun will have allowed for enough adjustment of the sights. If you run out of adjustment and start filing you are likely addressing the symptom - not the problem.

Someone will be along soon who knows his onions.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Lov 21

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Can you test the power? Can you have a gun shop test it for you?

If you file the front sight it is unlikely to be possible to unfile it

The designer of the gun will have allowed for enough adjustment of the sights. If you run out of adjustment and start filing you are likely addressing the symptom - not the problem.

Someone will be along soon who knows his onions.
    Thanks Antoni, you’re right, I’ll get it tested. With a new cartridge installed there seems to be good power, pellet at 10mtrs fair smacks into the target and board behind it. Like I said, still has a POI of 2 inches below the bull with the rear sight adjusted as far as I can. Hope there’s someone with one of these pistols that will tell me if they have come across the same problem. Will get it tested before tampering with the front sight. Thanks again.

Does it punch clean round holes in the target card? After each shot, does the loading bolt stay in place, or does it move backwards?

Mine did the latter which may have led to a little loss of gas, but it didn't shoot low like yours. I added some pressure on the detent ball by stretching the spring which is under the rear sight. It is moving 7.0gr pellets at just under 500fps, and is bl00dy loud!

Have you checked the barrel crown for any burrs that could be deflecting the pellets?
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Lov 21

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    Does it punch clean round holes in the target card? After each shot, does the loading bolt stay in place, or does it move backwards?

Mine did the latter which may have led to a little loss of gas, but it didn't shoot low like yours. I added some pressure on the detent ball by stretching the spring which is under the rear sight. It is moving 7.0gr pellets at just under 500fps, and is bl00dy loud!

Have you checked the barrel crown for any burrs that could be deflecting the pellets?
    Hi Modski66, yes punches clean round holes, using R10 pellets and off a rest groups really well. The bolt stays in place when fired and oh yes, she’s loud. 😂. When first fired, the POI at 10mtrs, from a rest, was to the right about an inch and about 4 inches low. Raised the rear sight and before the adjustment screw was all the way out it’s now 2 inches low. Power appears to be there, groups well, just low.

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Maybe this is an opportunity to learn to shoot a pistol upside down. You would need to use your little finger for the trigger.

After all, in the American gangsta films it's common to shoot an M1911 45ACP at a 90 degree orientation. You could go one better.

And in that way your sighting adjustments would probably come into a useable range.

Never tried to do it myself but if I've got the balls to press send on this, I will.

Yep, just done it. BSA Scorpion pistol. Hit the spinner on the second attempt, after remembering to aim below it. The positioning of the supporting hand took a bit of thought so as not to block the sight line.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Lov 21

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    Maybe this is an opportunity to learn to shoot a pistol upside down. You would need to use your little finger for the trigger.

After all, in the American gangsta films it's common to shoot an M1911 45ACP at a 90 degree orientation. You could go one better.

And in that way your sighting adjustments would probably come into a useable range.

Never tried to do it myself but if I've got the balls to press send on this, I will.

Yep, just done it. BSA Scorpion pistol. Hit the spinner on the second attempt, after remembering to aim below it. The positioning of the supporting hand took a bit of thought so as not to block the sight line.
    Hahaha brilliant, might be a new competition being born.

I would return it. It's clearly a duffer and you would be well within your rights to do so.