Thread: Most accurate target pistol.

Most accurate target pistol.

Having an interest in target pistols, which pistol in spring, Co2 or SSP, would you say is the most accurate? I’m not interested in the PCP pistols, air rifles yes, not pistols. Would welcome your choices.

Spring: FWB 65 or 80 or 90

Most modern, (and older to be fair) target pistols are more accurate than their pilot, to be honest YOU need to put the work in to get the best out but starting with something you know is fundamentally accurate is a help....

I have a Baikal 46M SSP and have sold other top end PCPs because I enjoy the feedback it gives... I have had other SSPs Inc Walthers and Feinwerkbau springers, just try shooting as many different types as possible and you'll find one which suites your style best....

After spring pistols had had their peak, all the manufacturers produced SSP models, the 'pinnacle' seems to be the FWB 103, but they are like rocking horse poop. The Baikal IZH 46M is a very capable pistol, a bit nose-heavy, and also getting scarce.
    Then came along co2, I had a FWB C10 which was more accurate than me, again the manufacturers all had co2 models, they seem to pop up on various sales platforms regularly, though not gone searching for one myself recently. It was a bit of a chore bulk-filling and sourcing fire-extinguishers though...
    If you want new, the Tau 7 is still available from Sure Shot Airguns - https://sureshot-airguns.co.uk/tau-brno-tau-7/ - they seem to be highly regarded, never used one myself though. Uses 12g capsules which is easier.

Hope this helps.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    After spring pistols had had their peak, all the manufacturers produced SSP models, the 'pinnacle' seems to be the FWB 103, but they are like rocking horse poop. The Baikal IZH 46M is a very capable pistol, a bit nose-heavy, and also getting scarce.
    Then came along co2, I had a FWB C10 which was more accurate than me, again the manufacturers all had co2 models, they seem to pop up on various sales platforms regularly, though not gone searching for one myself recently. It was a bit of a chore bulk-filling and sourcing fire-extinguishers though...
    If you want new, the Tau 7 is still available from Sure Shot Airguns - https://sureshot-airguns.co.uk/tau-brno-tau-7/ - they seem to be highly regarded, never used one myself though. Uses 12g capsules which is easier.

Hope this helps.
    Hi Modski66, yep, tried Sure Shot Airguns and they advised they haven’t been able to get from TAU BRNO since Brexit, something to do with the paperwork. Email TAU BRNO to see if they’d sell and send direct, no reply. Not to worry, really like the FWB’s Just need more practice now.

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    Most modern, (and older to be fair) target pistols are more accurate than their pilot, to be honest YOU need to put the work in to get the best out but starting with something you know is fundamentally accurate is a help....

I have a Baikal 46M SSP and have sold other top end PCPs because I enjoy the feedback it gives... I have had other SSPs Inc Walthers and Feinwerkbau springers, just try shooting as many different types as possible and you'll find one which suites your style best....
    Same…

I had an IZH46M, walther LP500 and FWB103

Sold the latter two in favour of my IZH!

Currently got a FAS604, wish I could swap it back for
    My IZH!

It’s nice but I bonded with that IZ

Had a poorly 65 once - must try another but being a lefty it’s awkward…

Pardini P10?

Walther CPM1

Bulk fill Co2, each cylinder holds 180 shots (supposedly) and are very easy to fill

They are just superb pistols. They (2) fit like a glove.

I use mine for Bell Target and do really well with them.

Nothing wrong with the Tau 7. Cheap and easy to run on 12g capsules and as accurate as anyone less than a world champ could want. Not a bad trigger either. Shouldn't be too expensive S/H either as "everyone knows how much better PCP is"!! Target pistols usually have a cosseted life so if one looks OK, the chances are it will be OK
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reevo17 View Post
    Currently got a FAS604, wish I could swap it back
    I have a FAS 6004 and I am very pleased with it.
    Good deals done with: Aimstraight, mulletman6, GwyneddATC, evo97k, Hotwired, Ryan hw99s & Clipper.
    Gun owned .177 FAS 6004 Target pistol.

Most accurate target pistol

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Tau 7. Cheap and easy to run on 12g capsules and as accurate as anyone less than a world champ could want. Not a bad trigger either. Shouldn't be too expensive S/H either as "everyone knows how much better PCP is"!! Target pistols usually have a cosseted life so if one looks OK, the chances are it will be OK
    Hi derekm, I’m keeping my eyes open for a TAU 7 Match coming up in the s/h market. Tried Sure shot Airguns but they can’t get them, Brexit, also tried an email to TAU BRNO to see if they would sell one direct, no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by RichM96 View Post
    Hi derekm, I’m keeping my eyes open for a TAU 7 Match coming up in the s/h market. Tried Sure shot Airguns but they can’t get them, Brexit, also tried an email to TAU BRNO to see if they would sell one direct, no reply.
    Try a proper letter by snail mail. Maybe less chance of being overlooked. Many years ago I was after an Alfa Proj target pistol and the quoted price here was IIRC around £400, but no-one, including the importer, had stock. I contacted the company and they sold me one for (IIRC again) £175 including postage and VAT (as we were then in the EU). Worth trying Czech gunshops too. There is a lot of imaginative pricing in this country and not only for guns.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Most accurate target pistol

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Try a proper letter by snail mail. Maybe less chance of being overlooked. Many years ago I was after an Alfa Proj target pistol and the quoted price here was IIRC around £400, but no-one, including the importer, had stock. I contacted the company and they sold me one for (IIRC again) £175 including postage and VAT (as we were then in the EU). Worth trying Czech gunshops too. There is a lot of imaginative pricing in this country and not only for guns.
    Thanks derekm, worth a try. 👍